Brake Pull

seawalkersee

I have the regular brake set up on my 93. Since I bought the car last year it pulls to the left when I press on the brakes. I have replaced the calipers, discs, pads, and hoses. My question is, how many people have had a master cyl cause a problem like this. When I bleed the brakes the thing works well for about a block. Then it goes back to the usual slight pull. Since it works well after the bleed I dont think the ABS assy is bad. I can not find a pinced line and when you crack the bleeder screw it pushes fluid as it should on both calipers.

Thanx

Chris

maybe it's the wheel it's self .and not brake ...like the stabilizer bar bushings ..or wheel bearing ..lower ball joint ..something has movement in it..check tire wear ...dave

See if you can find a buddy that has an IR temperature gun. Then drive for a while when it's pulling and then check the temp at each rotor and/or caliper on all 4 corners. The one pulling should be hotter than all the rest.

You can check the spindles as well in case it's a bearing.

The point is to narrow down which wheel position is causing it. It's going to be either a stuck caliper, or something in the brake line that isn't allowing pressure to bleed down.

I totally forgot about the heat gun...In fact I own one. As far as the spindle, are you suggesting that it might be bent? If not i would have to believe that it would pull while driving. The tires do not wear funny. In fact I was SURE I would find the problem there after the caliper did not fix it. I am 99.9% sure the problem is in the brakes because it works fine after you bleed them for about a block.

Chris

alignment problem

not the spindle ..the wheel bearing on the spindle ..jack tire off ground ..and see if you feel anyside to side play in the rim..you said it's pulled since you bought it ..and replaced the calipairs pads rotors and still pulls ..so it's sounding more along the lines of alignment problem ...now outside of pulling the tire off ..and taking the brake rez cap off ..sliding a tire iron between the rotor and the brake pad ...and pushing the calipair piston all the way back inside the calipar and bleeding again ...making sure there is no air in the system ...you have alignment problems ..inner -outer tie rods ..ball joints ..
broken spring ... dead shock or one stuck in firm mode... other is on soft mode ..stabilizer bushings ...upper or lower control arms ..wheel bearing....dave

OK, I think your bleeder screw is leaking. Try replacing it. If this doesn't do any good, try replacing the washer under the banjo bolt where the hose goes into the caliper. I don't think the master cylinder is leaking or bleeding the brakes wouldn't help. Besides, when you bled them, you'd see a whole train of air bubbles coming out the line.

Last edited:
I have pushed the piston back and never got any air to push. Also (I forgot to mention this earlier) the pedal feel is why I am thinking more on the master cyl. It feels really crappy when you apply the brakes. After reading some of Daves posts, I feel kind of stupid...I think I am chasing two problems.

Chris

Back