Brag, brag, brag

Coast to Coast SC

Big thanks to Steve Webb, Paul from BTM and all the So Cal members who have helped me get the best out of my car. On friday night at Fontana's California Dragway my stock 93 5 sp (minus silencer) squeeked out a 14.8@92. The air was incredible and the track was well prepped. A little ice on the hat and IC along with a decent launch (2.1 on 225/55 Kumhos) gave me my new best time. This was just the second run of the night. Lee then let me run his DR's a few times and I managed a 14.71 at 92. The car was running great but I was hearing some detonation at the top end of third. The last run of the night, I heard the dreaded marble monster midway through second so I lifted. When I turned on to the return road I was 1 cylinder down and by the time I got to the pits I was blowing white smoke. 60 miles on a wrecker later I was at home trying to explain to my lovely bride that racing doesn't hurt the car, it only accelerates what would have broken anyway This car got new HG's at 69k and 70k (Ford messed them up) and I guess she wants some more attention now at 128,000. Those 3 original cats and the resonator needed a reason to leave the car anyway. Guess they got one...

Anthony

Great times, especially if the car is as stock as your post indicated. Sounds like you've got a bit of a factory freak there. :)

Back