What other Premium Sound units fit??

fastsc92

My 92' had a radio and a slave cd player in the bottom slot. I took out the radio to make room for some gauges. I'm looking for some other Ford head unit that has a radio/CD player. I dont really want to go aftermarket, or bypass the factory amp. I'd like something that I can just plug in and be done. I know other fords came with factory premium sound, but not sure which unit will work for me. Here is a pic of the unit i was thinking of.
f8_1_b.JPG
b6_1.JPG

Does anyone know of which units could work?

I know what doesn't work

I tried taking the radio out of my '95 SC and putting it into my '89 a few years back, which was about stupid. Too long and the volume didn't work. Now I'm looking for the stock setup.

Wanted Stock Head Unit

Do you want to part with/sell the head unit? I'm looking to purchase a stock premium sound radio head unit w/ cassette for my '91 SC. It has only 25,000 original miles & I'm looking to keep it as stock and original as possible. I'd prefer it to be in excellent condition, no scratchs or marks.
Is that what you removed?

You can email me direct Bobearski@cox.net
Many thanks
Mike

I replaced mine with a FORD Explorer or Taurus radio/cassette that is
compatible with slave CD player and Amp. (JBL premium sound) I do not
recall what year.

I got it from "Speedometer Service" here in Atlanta 770-569-8255
They said it is better than what came with the SC, for design reasons.

sail7seas said:
I replaced mine with a FORD Explorer or Taurus radio/cassette that is
compatible with slave CD player and Amp. (JBL premium sound) I do not
recall what year.

I got it from "Speedometer Service" here in Atlanta 770-569-8255
They said it is better than what came with the SC, for design reasons.

I'm looking for a ford radio/cd player combo to place in there. I could go aftermarket, but i want the head unit to match the rest of the dash. I dont like all the blue blinking lights and silver face stuff. I just didn;t know if there was another unit from some other ford car that has premium sound and used a single radio/cd player that i could swap in there.

I do have both the radio and slave cd player. They both work mint, and are original from 92. I'll be letting them go soon once i figure out what to do for a replacment.

You can do taht, check the 35th anniversary registry page. He did it to his 35th and adapted that CD unit you have in ur pic to his 90 35th anniversary. Its not a direct swap, but its as easy as changing the position of one or two wires in the wiring harness

Back