What to do with this Tranny??

91CaliTBIRD

The Automatic transsmission on my 91' SC just went out, any suggestions what to do to it while im getting it rebuilt? The cost from a well respected Transmission shop near my house to rebuild it is $1550 to $1700. The shop owner says there is actually 15 upgrades these transmissions have now that will improve the Transmission compared to the Ford factory transmission these cars came with. Thats the cost without a shift kit that i would like to get too.

91CaliTBIRD said:
The Automatic transsmission on my 91' SC just went out, any suggestions what to do to it while im getting it rebuilt? The cost from a well respected Transmission shop near my house to rebuild it is $1550 to $1700. The shop owner says there is actually 15 upgrades these transmissions have now that will improve the Transmission compared to the Ford factory transmission these cars came with. Thats the cost without a shift kit that i would like to get too.

When my tranny went I bought a high performance stall converter adn I bought the Heavy Duty rebuild kit from SCP for the tranny. I would rather buy heavy duty parts for my tranny than have to rebuild it for a second time

I pulled the trans on my car and had a heavy duty rebuild done on it for $650 at a local shop. I also bought the Lectech Valve body and torque converter to go with it. Total price was at around $1200. It is holding up well. I run the car at the track and not much else. Only wish I would have went with more converter.

Back