Split Fold Down Seat

Rich Thomson

Did Ford ever make the split fold down rear seats with a arm rest? I know the none fold down rear seats do have the arm rest. I have only seen the split fold down rear seats without any arm rest before.

My understanding is the 6 way power 1989-1993 seats were all the same. 1994-1995 power seats had smaller side bolsters. 1989-1993 rear seats had the seat belts that came up between the seat and back cusions. 1994-1997 rear seat belts had a small slit in the seat cusion to allow for the seat belt. 1989-1995 rear seat backs were of two types, Split fold with ALL leather and non split fold down with arm rest for combo cloth/leather seats.

If you could reply with what combo you have in your SC it would help me when I go to get Autocraft replacement leather seats made.

Rich

Last edited:
Rich Thomson said:
Did Ford ever make the split fold down rear seats with a arm rest? I know the none fold down rear seats do have the arm rest. I have only seen the split fold down rear seats without any arm rest before.

My understanding is the 6 way power 1989-1993 seats were all the same. 1994-1995 power seats had smaller side bolsters. 1989-1993 rear seats had the seat belts that came up between the seat and back cusions. 1994-1997 rear seat belts had a small slit in the seat cusion to allow for the seat belt. 1989-1995 rear seat backs were of two types, Split fold with ALL leather and non split fold down with arm rest for combo cloth/leather seats.

If you could reply with what combo you have in your SC it would help me when I go to get Autocraft replacement leather seats made.

Rich

no , you either had arm rest or split down , wich i hate beacuse my friends beretta gtz has both a split down with a arm rest.

Leather Seat Covers Available

Right Now I can get any 1989-1993 SC w/split fold seat coverings. These replace the factory leather Front and rear with NEW leather coverings. Optionally available is lettering for front seat backs. Factory replacement colors only.

I finally got setup as a dealer for Autocraft. Currently: They have patterns for 1989-1993 SC with split fold rear seats. I am going to get them to add the 1994-1995 SC with Split Fold rear seats too. I am looking at offering the same 1989-1993 SC front seats with rear NON split fold down. (Alot of SC's did not come with ALL leather seats but did come with the leather/cloth seats with non split rear seat back.) I am looking to offer replacement coverings with ALL leater for thoes.

Rich,

That would be great if we could get nice replacement seat covers for our cars. I have a arm rest in my 92 and it's non folding type. What kind of price range are we looking at for leather/cloth combo? All Leather?

94, split-leather in currant (sp) red, armrest, non-fold down.

I'd really love to see factory replacement for the split-leather as well. I love my interior.

FearThis SC said:
Rich,

That would be great if we could get nice replacement seat covers for our cars. I have a arm rest in my 92 and it's non folding type. What kind of price range are we looking at for leather/cloth combo? All Leather?

I cannot quote pricing yet because they have not sent me the pricing guide. As soon as the pricing guide arrives or is faxed to me I will repost with pricing ASAP. As for Combo leather/cloth seat covers I hope to offer all replacement leather even if you had leather/cloth cover to begin with. The all leather seating is so much nicer.

Rich

Please let us know how close they will be to the originals - perforated leather in the center, leather or vinyl for the rear of the front seats, leather pockets, any foam backing to the leather, what quality leather, etc.

Rich Thomson said:
I cannot quote pricing yet because they have not sent me the pricing guide. As soon as the pricing guide arrives or is faxed to me I will repost with pricing ASAP. As for Combo leather/cloth seat covers I hope to offer all replacement leather even if you had leather/cloth cover to begin with. The all leather seating is so much nicer.

Rich

You might like all leather interiors, but my butt doen't. LOL Too hot in the Memphis summer, too cold in the winter, and to slippery for the way I drive (like I stole it). Oh well... *shrug*

I do agree with Paul, first time for everything I guess, anyhow, I don't want all leather as I live in New Orleans. I would like to get the split if at all possible.

1989 and 1990 seat cover patterns on the way to you,everything should arrive by Fri.

Hi Rich, The patterns we took off the '89 and the '90 seats we had, are on their way to you. The Cloth was shipped as you asked without the cushions, the numbers from the cushions were also emailed as you already know. I thought I would chime on this, It's a great Idea...Glad to be of help to you. Also the Balancer should arrive by Friday. Let us know If you require anything else, We are headed for Orlando to do a little racing and some bushing work the KVR rotors where all warped and the cadmium plating is pitting and they have never been on the SC exept when first installed carefully, for break in purposes and the initial seating and cool down process. They were still making the car shake bad when braking, a real waste of a lot of$$$. I need more information on the rear wheel hop bushings needed. Thank you for all your assistance with our questions.It's all much appreciated...
Happy Hollidays, hope to see you pretty soon.Keep us posted on the seat coverings!
Victor and Diane
Good luck on the seat' coverings, I can use a black set ASAP.

Last edited:
Rich,

Would they be willing to do any custom logos? or are they just sticking to lettering?

I've got a logo that I was working on that had the T-Bird emblem behind the SC Letters that I would like to have sewn into the backs of the front seats.

I am VERY interested in finding out what the final cost of the seat covers are for a 90 SC with the split rear in grey leather. I'd also like to know what the quality of the material is and what options they are going to offer like perforated centers, dual colors, etc.

Thanks and keep me posted.

-Josh

The seat covers are very good quality. They have been selling seat covers for over 60 years. I should have more information after shipping the OEM seat covers later this week. The option list does not include any Logos only Lettering. As for optional Cloth/Leather seat covers I will see what colors/fabric is available. The manufacturer does have a web site but not much info.

http://www.customseatcovers.com/aboutus.htm

Rich

Diane Did Much More Than I

Rich Thomson said:
Vic You Da Man! :)

BIG ENOUGH FONT?

DIANE IS THE MAM, WE AIM TO PLEASE!

YOU ARE WELCOME

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?

THANKS FOR THE BILL BOARD REPLY

NO! YO DA MAN.................!

Back