EEC tuner??

debo92sc

does any one have any personal performance examples using this eec tuner??? what kind of performance gains can i get for $350.00....is it worth it?? with my mods listed below along w/5% pulley on new blower,85 mm tb,42lb inj,255lph fuel pump and 3/4 raised top still to be installed, which would be more worth my while?? thanx for the help!!!! :cool:

The tuner is a very usefull tool problem is theres alot of mystery surrounding it. I'm gonna have to hook up with one of the more knowledgeable people on this subject here at the board myself pretty soon, or else I'm going to say to hell with it and get a Motec. Theres no way in the world my engine is gonna run on stock settings. ;)

XR7 Dave will give you a hand....until then visit Apten Performance for a little FAQ's brush up. :)

The EEC Tuner is a very powerful tuning tool. However, it's best used in conjunction with a Wide band O2/data logging system. I recently bought an Innovate Motorsports LM1 and the aux. input rpm convertor. The tuner is difficult to use without any data capture for precise tuning.

I learned more regarding how my car was running in 30 minutes with the LM1 than I'd learned in 3 years with the tuner alone. Now I'm down to tuning the MAF function by +/- 1% or less at various points to get the fuel curve perfect. It can be that precise.

Buying an 'off the shelf' chip is pretty much a waste of money. Even a custom chip will need to be revised a few times to be just right. It's pretty much impossible to have a tune done remotely via mail.

The EEC will compensate for most small imperfections over time, but that still doesn't make it just right. And, every time the battery is disconnected, it will have to relearn all over again. If the fuel curve varies over time, the tunes wrong.

Good luck!

tuner...

Spend your money on the SCT Racer Package. It is more money, but well worth every penny. Also, a LM1 will save you a lot of headaches and money spent on dyno time for tuning. Dave Dalke should be able to set you up with the SCT stuff.

SCT

mark

Back