snout seal

That was originally where I was gonna get it from but with no reply to any emails for the last month or so I cant really get it from him. Along with about 5 other things Id like to have. So Ill just go to napa.
Thanks
Doug

PS. tbird88 if ur out there I have a list of things Id like to get from u. If u have time.Thanks

#7968 is the one you want (viton). Pretty much any bearing house will sell them. Check your yellow pages for places like Bearing Headquarters, Motion Industries.

David

If you do a search you won't find anything under 7967. But if you search on 7968 you will find many threads on this.

7967 is a single liped oil seal that is 20X47X7.

7968 is a double liped oil seal that is 20X47X7.

Viton is the plastic like material that the seal is made out of.

If you go to http://www.dichtomatik.us/Interchange/ and type in 7968 and you want 20X47X7VTC. I used this to search for the seal.

Grab your phone book and look in the yellow pages under bearings or seals and call them. One of them is sure to sell you one.

When I called I asked for the Chicago Rawhide #7968 and told them I had to have a double lipped Viton seal. They said they could get it, when it came it was a single lipped. The 2nd lip is for dust. If you live in a dusty area or you drive on gravel a lot, you should use the double lipped. I was in a hurry and the car was using 1-2 oz of SC fluid a week, so I just installed the single lip. I paid $4.33, they said the double was 8 something. They didn't have it in stock, but it came in 2 days.

The install is really easy, find the thread where gldiii posts the instructions for replacement. I also sucked out all of the fluid and did a full flush of sc fluid and replaced the seal in about 1 hour. Just take your time and the factory seal has 2 layers of metal, you only need to drill through the first layer to get your screw to thread. SC fluid is $18 at ford for 4 oz. and $6 at GM. Good luck, you won't regret this easy fix.

Someone posted that you can use the squirter from a spray bottle to suck the fluid out. I used a $3 suction pump that barely worked, it was to cheaply built.

Michael

Easy ordering for the Viton CR-7968 seal

Bearing Services Company...Call (330) 394-5445 $17.61 shipped
They take credit cards. Good luck.

Douglas Walker said:
I need a double lipped Viton seal (Chicago Rawhide #7968) for my supercharger. Where can i get this.
Thanks
Doug

Get the 7968, which is the double lipped one and the second link you posted. Thats the same one I replaced mine with.

super red91 said:
Get the 7968, which is the double lipped one and the second link you posted. Thats the same one I replaced mine with.

ya i figured. theres a local NAPA by me im gonna check out, but if not i can always get it on the NAPA online store

JAFO said:
http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...tail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28547186&prmenbr=5806

So this little $6 thing is what I need to keep my engine clean, huh? I was thinking there was more to the replacement and finding that thing. Guess it's time to step up. :eek:

Is that website screwing up for anyone else when you try to order? I get the product page but I can't open the shopping cart to order. :confused:

did you register? i'd try the local napa (if there is one) to save on shipping etc. if not its only a 6 buck piece so its not that expensive id say.

i got my Viton seal from Napa for $6. It is the same one that Wynn has on his site. It took me a week to get it because i ordered it over a holiday. It's easy to change and since i had my SC off to change injectors i changed it. Pretty easy to do.

5.99 part charge
4.95 (guaranteed ground charge) wtf?
tax
came out to about 12 bucks US. what the hell is this ground charge? anyway....its done.

Back