Ever dynoed your SC N/A?

92bird

I don't just mean slipping the belt off the supercharger..

I mean has anyone ever bolted a ported upper and lower intake manifold off of a N/A 3.8L T-bird or mustang to their modified SC to see how much power/tq it made?

My last dyno run made 330.5 rwhp and 402.8 rwtq, which was prior to the headers and magnaport blower.. (ran with S-model, and ported stock manifolds.)

I have a spare set of N/A upper and lower intake manifolds off a 93 Tbird LX 3.8, and I think I might try it for ***** and grins.. MM&FF did this on an 03 cobra crate motor.. They put an 01 cobra N/A intake on the low compression 03 block and the fugger still made 369 crank hp and 377 crank tq outta the box..

By the math my engine is at 8.7:1 compression, which we settled on due to high altitude as the primary use..

Anyone ever tried this? I know it runs like dog crap with the blower belt off, but that's really a fair way to measure it since you get the drag from the SC, and the bypass (even when held open manually) is just too small..

Jeramie

Jeramie,

You must be getting high on the medicine the doctor gave you...now go back to bed and ask that nurse to give you a spounge bath ;) .

David

Well considering a 3.8 NA makes around 120rwhp stock at 9:1 compression, and the SC having lower compression, I'd say it would dyno about 100rwhp lol. Of course, this is tock for stock. If you've got a cam and ehads on your sc they would obviously add some NA power, unless they are no kidding around heads and cam that would suck on an NA car.
-Thomas

Due also to the fact that an SC crank weighs almost 20lbs more than an N/A crank, I think it would be sad.

David,

When you are confined to a tiny townhome for any length of time, you start thinking creative.. I must have been high, because I don't know where that nurse went! She was hot too.. Swedish, blond, 34DD.. yea..

I was just curious if anyone had done it, I should save my time/money and finally dyno it with all the new goodies I guess. Probably would be dis-appointed, especially with the mild cam.

Some v6 mustang guys are getting close to 300 crank hp on a truck stroker block, but I hear they use some pretty potent cams/valvetrain to get there. Not worth it imo, but to each his own..

The pneumonia is finally getting better to deal with. Any fevers are now all low-grade (under 101*) My guess is I will be spending less time on the cold garage floor this winter than I originally wanted to.

Jeramie

you dont need anything aggressive to make good power. A 4.2 stroker with big valve heads and an agressive cam can easily be streetable and make 250-270rwhp. I've got some plans for my v6na, of course it doesnt involve staying NA.
-Thomas

Back