Ported my blower today

daivd z

I just did my 95 blower I used a prototrak mill on it. I like the way the outlet came out do you guys think it will help? The inlet is matched to my MP plenium and has a 45 degree chamfer to help keep the stock shape that goes to the bottom of the rotors. The pictures are on the page in my sig. If anyone is interested in me porting their blower for them PM me or email me at zupanSC@hotmail.com i will do it for very cheap. Also do you guys think I will get atleast around 10 rwhp adding the ported blower, MP plenium, and 70MM TB?

i put the ported blower on and MP inlet and 70MM TB. It is making 14.5 psi with a 5%. Is this boost right or should it be more? I think there are some power gains because I raced a couple of my friends cars that i am usually even with and i could put a half car on them or so. It dont think it is 30RWHP or anything. Could this be because I have stock fuel system and its pulling timing for lack of fuel? Or maybe its not getting full potential with a 70MM TB?

daivd z said:
i put the ported blower on and MP inlet and 70MM TB. It is making 14.5 psi with a 5%. Is this boost right or should it be more? I think there are some power gains because I raced a couple of my friends cars that i am usually even with and i could put a half car on them or so. It dont think it is 30RWHP or anything. Could this be because I have stock fuel system and its pulling timing for lack of fuel? Or maybe its not getting full potential with a 70MM TB?

I would say you are having issues with the 5%. I see you have a double IC, but I don't see a IC fan. You could be generating to much heat with the 5% and the computer is retarding the timing because it is seeing to hot air temps. A buddy of mine was having problems at the top end of the 1/4 using a 5%. He added an IC fan and it really improved his top end.

I had a fan on it and didnt notice a difference so i took it off. I am making a custom front mount this winter that should take car of any heat problems the blower makes. It was also 35 degrees out when i raced and when i got home and felt all the pipes and IC they were like it had only been running for 5 min.

daivd z said:
I had a fan on it and didnt notice a difference so i took it off. I am making a custom front mount this winter that should take car of any heat problems the blower makes. It was also 35 degrees out when i raced and when i got home and felt all the pipes and IC they were like it had only been running for 5 min.

You may be right. But what did they feel like right after you finished the 1/4?

When I pulled my 14.6 it was 37 degrees out and they were warm when I stopped, but cold for the next run. Even on a day like that, I believe the fan helped on the top end.

I am hoping to port mine this winter.

Back