Motor Trend 1989 Car of the Year, Part 1

DNA

Here is a cool article from the Feb. 89 Issue of Motor Trend. I know a lot of you weren't old enough to buy this issue when it came out. It's been heremetically sealed all these years and I finally broke it out and put it on the scanner for the club to see.I 'll put up several threads to get all the pages uploaded... Each page is a separate file to keep it manageable.
I can email a zipped version to anyone who wants the entire copy.
Maybe it should go into the FAQ section......George ??

Also, the Dec. 88 Road & Track issue has a great sneak preview article on the SC before it was released for sale. Great reading here, too. Will get that scanned soon. It 's a five pager. Place your orders early

Attachments

• MT 2-89 cover.jpg
    MT 2-89 cover.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • mt 2-89 p1.jpg
    mt 2-89 p1.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 2,430
  • mt2-89 p2.jpg
    mt2-89 p2.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 639
  • mt2-89 p3.jpg
    mt2-89 p3.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 886
DNA said:
Here is a cool article from the Feb. 89 Issue of Motor Trend. I know a lot of you weren't old enough to buy this issue when it came out. It's been heremetically sealed all these years and I finally broke it out and put it on the scanner for the club to see.I 'll put up several threads to get all the pages uploaded... Each page is a separate file to keep it manageable.
I can email a zipped version to anyone who wants the entire copy.
Maybe it should go into the FAQ section......George ??

Also, the Dec. 88 Road & Track issue has a great sneak preview article on the SC before it was released for sale. Great reading here, too. Will get that scanned soon. It 's a five pager. Place your orders early

E-mail me the entire article.

Jerry

Yes please...........!

I would definately enjoy seeing this one, I'm working on finding the article about the Half Bird. It seems Ford took an SC and cut it down, not unlike the AMC AMX. I gotta find "that" one. Frank H. Sorry almost forgot the addie: BSA-FRANK@ONEBOX.COM.

Last edited:
Yeah I have that mag too. Its cool but I wish there would have been some more competition for the SC. I love the last line of the story. It said that if Ford were to import the SC over to Germany than it was good night BMW.

Shane

Back