shifter button flew out and hit my leg?!

ddw350

has anyone had this problem before? its a 94c auto and the button on the shifter that you have to push before you can get it out of park or drive.flew out of the shifter and hit my leg.it has a little spring inside,that stayed in place.it appears the botton has a little plastic"catch"on it that broke off,causing it fly out....and hit my leg.....any advice?

This may help....

The same thing happened to my '95. I just took the spring out and slid the button back in. It worked fine like that until the button fell out again- then I just put it back in. Almost a weekly ritual though- along with the monthy exorcisms to rid the car of its demons that always seemed to come back.

i have a rubber band holding mine in right now,looks pretty ghetto....i imagine a new one just clicks in the hole and will stay there?? im gonna call ford on monday

The replacement from ford wont work unless you modify the part where the spring fits on the button.An older style button from a pre 94 sc wont work and cant be modified to fit.

i ordered a button today,$15 through work....i,ll have to look at it when i get it to see what i have to do to get it to work

Back