9 in ic fan

fasttbird12

anyone have a 9 inch ic fan on their car? or know if a 9 inch one will work

Dimensions 9 1/2" x 10-1/2 x 2-1/2

Last edited:
I used an 8" fan. Using a 9" would give you a little more area, but you would also have some hanging off of the intercooler. If you use a 9" I would recommend plugging the overhang to get maximum cooling.

This one is 8 X 10 X 2 1/4 from summit part # PRM-19128. I have attached a photo to show how it fits on the intercooler.

Attachments

• intercooler fan mounted.jpg
    intercooler fan mounted.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 106
90BLK, Does that come with some kinda switch, to turn it on & off at you leisure? I wanna get an IC Fan but wanna be able to turn it on manually.

Also anyone reading this, What can I do to manually turn on my Cooling Fan? I need to know how to wire the switch to turn it on and off from inside my car. Just a couple Minor Lil Winter projects. Lemme know Please

Jay

ThunderCoupe94 said:
90BLK, Does that come with some kinda switch, to turn it on & off at you leisure? I wanna get an IC Fan but wanna be able to turn it on manually.

Also anyone reading this, What can I do to manually turn on my Cooling Fan? I need to know how to wire the switch to turn it on and off from inside my car. Just a couple Minor Lil Winter projects. Lemme know Please

Jay

The fan from summit is only the fan. I bought some red wire, black wire, liquid tape, grounding ends, flat pin ends, and a relay from Radio shack. About $15.

I used these instuctions to build my kit and install:
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/fan-kit/fan-kit-89-93sc.htm
or
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/fan-kit/fan-kit-94-95sc.htm

To add a switch, instead of wiring from the fuse box to the relay, run it from the fuse box to your switch to the relay.

I hope this answers your questions.

I run mine full time (when the ignition is on). You can't always remember to turn it on when you get on it. My buddy's car (1995 with a 5% pulley and stock IC) had problems 1/2 way down the 1/4, he added this fan and now he doesn't have power problems at the top end of the 1/4.

Michael

Last edited:
Back