'04 Cobra drivetrain into '89 SC??

blksn8k

Has anyone done this? I was hoping Ford would step up to the plate a few years ago and offer a T-bird with the 4V Cobra motor but they didn't. That was the reason I went with the '99 Cobra. I still love the looks and ride of my '89 SC but would really like more oomph. Not sure if the 6-speed would be adaptable but I would probably try it. I've done several swaps and would have no hesitation about trying this one. I just finished installing a 393 Windsor and Jeep 5-speed into my '71 Bronco. Wild ride. What do you guys think, should I try it? :eek:

blksn8k said:
Has anyone done this? I was hoping Ford would step up to the plate a few years ago and offer a T-bird with the 4V Cobra motor but they didn't. That was the reason I went with the '99 Cobra. I still love the looks and ride of my '89 SC but would really like more oomph. Not sure if the 6-speed would be adaptable but I would probably try it. I've done several swaps and would have no hesitation about trying this one. I just finished installing a 393 Windsor and Jeep 5-speed into my '71 Bronco. Wild ride. What do you guys think, should I try it? :eek:

Hell ya, I have been thinking too about this. I have done a couple of swaps too. Let me know, I am very interested in your project!

Use the seach, there lots of stuff about it. Over at tccoa.com there is some pictures of one in their pictures gallery.

The 4.6L DOHC engine swap has been done a few times now, but I've yet to hear of someone using the 03 - 04 supercharged 4.6L DOHC out of a Cobra.

Swapping a 4.6L DOHC into a SC is quite a bit of work. Starting with a 4.6L Tbird/Cougar is much easier.

Here's a pic of the 4.6L DOHC in my 90 XR7.

showcar%20engine%204.jpg

-Rod

Back