New to the SC

K

Kev'sSC

Hi guys. I just bought a '93 5-speed SC and I have a couple of questions.
My tach is not working and i would like to know what could cause this. I tried to swap in a tach from an '89, but there were only three prongs on it instead of the four on mine. Could the tach itself be the problem, or should i look for something else? As far as i know, there is no problem with the ignition system that would effect the operation of the tachometer.
Also, my car is occasionally hard starting, usually after it has been run for a short time and then turned off again. Is this a common problem, and if so, what is the remedy? Can i check my codes in the same manner that i use on my Taurus SHO? I would assume it is the same on all EEC-IV cars, but i thought i'd be lazy and ask instead of checking :cool:
Anyway, i'd appreciate any advice you guys could give me and i look forward to reading your replies.

Welcome!

Welcome Kevin. The 1993 should have the EEC-IV so the same tester should work. You should also be able to get codes from the ABS with the same tester (assuming you're not using a multimeter).

For the tach question...do you have any wiring diagrams for the car? If not, let me know I'll dig up from my stuff what I can find.

As far as testing goes, i meant jumping the terminals on the test port and performing KOER and KOE self tests through the check engine light.

Currently i do not have any wiring diagrams or even a service manual, as i only purchased the car yesterday. It is my intention to obtain as much information and experience as possible regarding the SC, as i would like t okeep and modify this vehicle. I believe my roommate has several Ford service manuals for the mn-12 chassis, and i intend to look at them as soon as i can.

Back