Are these "old style" Hull mid-length headers?

SCme

and if so, what O2 sensor is being used for the drivers side? On my 94 the O2 sensor is hitting the bellhousing and will not allow the header to fully bolt down. It seems to be at least couple inches too long. These are stock Bosch sensor. We notched the plate between the clutch and block for it to fit, but it seems like a lot of material to remove on the bellhousing for it to fit.

Attachments

• header1.jpg
    header1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 143
  • header2.jpg
    header2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 157
  • header3.jpg
    header3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 146
SCme said:
and if so, what O2 sensor is being used for the drivers side? On my 94 the O2 sensor is hitting the bellhousing and will not allow the header to fully bolt down. It seems to be at least couple inches too long. These are stock Bosch sensor. We notched the plate between the clutch and block for it to fit, but it seems like a lot of material to remove on the bellhousing for it to fit.
What is the diameter of the primary tubes? If they are 1.75", they Hull's old style shorties. The pics are difficult to tell, but they look like Hull's shorties. Back in the day, Hull had production problems with driver's side header not fitting properly. I have a set of his headers on my car.
Later
Ken

I'd say those primary tubes look way too large to be factory Mustang manifolds.

cheers,
Ed N.

I don't think they are any OEM style as they have weld joints where the tubes have been put together. I would assume any stockers will be one solid cast.

I will measure tonight when I get home.

The factory Mustang manifolds I have don't have one solid port plate, they are individual ones for each exhaust port.

The primary tubes are about 1 3/4" and the collector is about 2 1/4".

Ken, Did you notch the bellhousing or find and O2 sensor that fit better?

Well since I was wrong I'll move that O2 bung anywhere you need it, free of charge. You pay to UPS it to me and I'll pay UPS to send it back to you.
You are about 2 day service from me using UPS ground.
Email me and we'll talk. :)

SCme said:
The primary tubes are about 1 3/4" and the collector is about 2 1/4".

Ken, Did you notch the bellhousing or find and O2 sensor that fit better?
Yes, I had to notch the bell housing for the O2 sensor to fit. I am planning going to long tube headers over the winter. I am going to have the O2 bung fixed before I sell the short tube headers.
Later
Ken

Mike,

Thanks for that offer, but I hope to finish my engine install and have my car running this weekend, as its been down for over 2 months and my wife and parents are tired of it sitting in the driveway/helping me out. I believe I will just finish notching the bellhousing and call it a day.

Back