What do to with heads?

SCaddict

I need to know what I should do to my heads while I have them off my car after blown gaskets racing a mustang on Saturday (I did win though) :D . I will still be using the stock cam and still have a stock bottom end. It is a 3-4 day a week driver but I do want it to fly. What should I do as far as porting and other work? What kind of power gains should I expect to see?

SCaddict said:
I need to know what I should do to my heads while I have them off my car after blown gaskets racing a mustang on Saturday (I did win though) :D . I will still be using the stock cam and still have a stock bottom end. It is a 3-4 day a week driver but I do want it to fly. What should I do as far as porting and other work? What kind of power gains should I expect to see?
I'd polish the chambers, Clean up the valve bowls and valve guide boss. Then have the gaskets matched. Extra ponies i would say around twenty?

While you have it apart you should do the cam. Its not that hard and will only cost you another $200 or so. You said you wanted it to fly, adding a cam will help with the porting done to the heads to give you even more hp :D

Comp cams and crower cams both do regrinds. If you went with a coy miller stage 1 you would be able to re-use the stock springs and maybe even the stock pushrods depending how much you have the heads milled. Do a search about cams, their is alot of info.

Back