problems with engine

tillotson_david

:confused: well another problem with my SC. well here it is when i give it gas and boost goes over 5 the car starts jerking. acting like its not getting enough feul or air or something any help on this problem guys so far you guys have helped me with every problem ive had so dont let me down thanks

tillotson_david said:
:confused: well another problem with my SC. well here it is when i give it gas and boost goes over 5 the car starts jerking. acting like its not getting enough feul or air or something any help on this problem guys so far you guys have helped me with every problem ive had so dont let me down thanks
well if you hit the gas it starts shaking and then you let off the gas and when you hit again does it continue shaking or does it work fine, or evan after the 2cd or 3rd try
The reason i ask is because mine does the same and after i let of the gas it seems to do fine. also mine tends to slitly shake on occasion while im stuck in traffic, at a stoplight, or anywhere where im just sitting still while in drive.

Sounds like you need to change your plugs and wires. Very common problem on the SC. I recommend using Ford plugs and wires. Don't go with cheap aftermarket parts.

Nick

Bucking or jerking under boost is most often caused by the plugs or wires. I would suggest replacing both. If the wires are old they can easily be damaged by removing them when repairing something else. A week after getting my headers installed, mine started bucking and it turned out to be the plug wires.

If the engine is starving for fuel, it's usually more of a bogging, fluttering loss of power falling on it's face feel.

David

I also vote for bad wires... I had one plugwire get a pin-hole burned into the insulation from getting too close to the exhaust manifold. Car ran fine until it came up to temp. Then everytime I'd hit the accelerator it would stutter like crazy. Pop the hood in the dark and look for sparking. I was able to wrap the spot with electrical tape as a temporary fix until I could get new wires put on...

Back