AOD problems

Jawinter

Hey guys, i am having some tranny problems here. First of all, on my first trans i only had 1 and 2 gear and reverse. So i figured that the tranny was bad. i replaced it tonight and it is still doin the same thing. Did i just get a bad tranny or is there something else.

Joseph WInter

Make sure your shifter linkage is correct..Also check TV cable...But that wouldnt interfere with not going into gear...

Alright, I looked at my TV cable and I saw that it was broken. I ended up buying a new one through ford and i put it on. I have adjusted it as far in and as far out but i am still not able to shift into third. Is there something else or do i just have bad luck with transmissions? Please help me prevent changing my transmission out again.

Joseph

My tranny guy said driving even a mile or more with your tv cable unhooked will burn out the clutches in third and od. That is prob not the news you want to hear but i would take it to a tranny shop and have them put the correct tv pressure on it. The proper pressure is 33-35 psi i know cuz i just had my pressure checked for piece of mind and he set it at 35. After they set the pressure have em test drive it and see what they think. $30-40 is well worth knowing that the pressure is right. There have been acouple of trannies for sale on the forums or, I would think about future power goals and maybe get yours rebuilt with heavier duty parts depending on your budget. Just my 2 cents.

I hope this helps,
Mark

Last edited:
Back