hey dirtybirdy a real turbo setup in a tbird

dirtybird91 said:
Dammet Manny! That's David N's car! :D :D :D

Speaking of David Neibert's car, the one in the picture should closely mirror what's about to happen. I like guys like Coy Miller, but I predict that David Neibert will have the quickest/fastest streetable thunderbird on the planet when it's done. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to open their pie hole and explain why. :D

Not completely up on turbo tech, it seems to me that is a very drag only sized turbo. I would think too much turbo lag for it to be much use on a road course or even a street.

Hold the phone here........

There are at least FIVE big block S.C.'s that I know of that are all doing 10.0's now. There is even a guy around here that has been running 8.90's on the juice... He runs on the local circuit and to even get into that game you must run low 9's just to make the feild.... And yes, Stan does put that bad boy on the street when the $$$ is right....
If you think that this may not be true, Tim has seen at least one of these 10.0 cars run at the Grove... Jump in here if you want Tim to help out on this...

Now don't get me wrong here, Dave N. will have one BAD bird when it is done, trouble is that there is always someone who is going to go faster no matter what you build.........Rich

Mike8675309 said:
Not completely up on turbo tech, it seems to me that is a very drag only sized turbo. I would think too much turbo lag for it to be much use on a road course or even a street.

Yeah maybe true in that particualar case, but I was talking about Dave Neibert's car. :cool:

I think folks will be overall impressed with the new turbo setups that should be around for '05 in our community. My @$$ is just chapped that we will have to negotiate which list to put somebody like David on once the whippin begins. :p

I am hoping that us TURBO guys can share some feathers with other members without being taxed for using different power adders. :rolleyes:

pro street rich said:
There are at least FIVE big block S.C.'s that I know of that are all doing 10.0's now. There is even a guy around here that has been running 8.90's on the juice... He runs on the local circuit and to even get into that game you must run low 9's just to make the feild.... And yes, Stan does put that bad boy on the street when the $$$ is right....
If you think that this may not be true, Tim has seen at least one of these 10.0 cars run at the Grove... Jump in here if you want Tim to help out on this...

Now don't get me wrong here, Dave N. will have one BAD bird when it is done, trouble is that there is always someone who is going to go faster no matter what you build.........Rich

Hehe! Rich! David N. is going to kick my @$$ for getting him into this fight! :D :D :eek:

BUT! I do think the thunderbird in Manny's picture would be a battle for any of the big blocks! ;)

Last edited:
There is one big block S.C. that I have seen at the Grove when I was racing. All steel body didnt sound like anything special till he did a wheel stand and launched on only the right rear tire. He ran clocks off made one run and drove off the track. No trailer. I still think Dave will have a 9.00 second car if it makes the 1000 hp. it is capable of. 10 cars are about 500 hp. :eek:

I seriously think that David N's car will be capable of 1000HP IF he is willing to turn up the boost! HP could easily mate a turbo up to his radical setup that was up to the task. ;)
I seriously don't know if his engine could handle that sort of boost, but maybe he will enlighten us. I do know that the engine was designed with low compression which is great for power adders. ;)
Even if the engine is up to the task, David N. hates the thought of breaking things. What I am trying to say, is "I don't know if he is designing the car for this type of duty". :confused:

Last edited:
Rich,

Just wondering, are those 10.0 cars still using the IRS? Are they autos or manuals? I'm just wondering how much torque the IRS can handle.

-Rod

That car in the pic belongs to a guy named Brandon May. Nice car....I saw the setup that he had before run (big procharger, yates heads, 392, etc) 5.30s in the 1/8. It should be even faster now if he gets everything worked out. It makes a bit of power. ;)

I keep telling you guys this isn't going to be a real race car, so it won't go any faster than 10s no matter how much power it makes. It's just a street car with a race car motor.

I'm not blazing any new trails either...From the first time I heard about Wayne Ing's car, I thought it was a cool idea and imagined what a blast it must be to drive a car like that on the street. What I'm doing is pretty much patterened after what he has already done, I'm just doing it a little different.

Check this link out....It's the inspriation for my car.
http://members.rogers.com/turbo351/

He was also kind enough to help me with the project and share his experince. BTW, I'm stilling learning from him. So if you guys want to bet on someone having the fastest SC, bet on him. Keep in mind that his car isn't built for the track either, so don't expect it to be the quickest in the 1/4 mile.

But on the street, I would put my money on his car beating anything on the SCCoA fastest list.

David

dirtybird91 said:
I seriously think that David N's car will be capable of 1000HP IF he is willing to turn up the boost! HP could easily mate a turbo up to his radical setup that was up to the task. ;)
I seriously don't know if his engine could handle that sort of boost, but maybe he will enlighten us. I do know that the engine was designed with low compression which is great for power adders. ;)
Even if the engine is up to the task, David N. hates the thought of breaking things. What I am trying to say, is "I don't know if he is designing the car for this type of duty". :confused:

Frank,

The engine is built to handle 1500 hp without breaking stuff....To reach my goal of 800 rwhp I'm going to have to make about 1000 hp at the crank, which is what most of the mods are sized at or built to support.

99% of the time the car will be running on 93 octane pump gas and I'm hoping to make around 600 rwhp on it, which will be more than enough for the street and track.

The high boost race gas stuff will only happen on special occasions at the track, like the Shootout. On the street I would wreck it with that much power.

David

David Neibert said:
Frank,

The engine is built to handle 1500 hp without breaking stuff....To reach my goal of 800 rwhp I'm going to have to make about 1000 hp at the crank, which is what most of the mods are sized at or built to support.

99% of the time the car will be running on 93 octane pump gas and I'm hoping to make around 600 rwhp on it, which will be more than enough for the street and track.

The high boost race gas stuff will only happen on special occasions at the track, like the Shootout. On the street I would wreck it with that much power.

David

Well,
It's still safe to assume that you will be #1 on shootout day if this thing is close to your goals. :D

dirtybird91 said:
Well,
It's still safe to assume that you will be #1 on shootout day if this thing is close to your goals. :D

Not really...It takes more than alot of HP to be that quick. But I do hope to be competitive with the top cars.

David

Just put a 300hp. shot of nitrous on it, 1100hp. should get it done. Come to think of it thats is really sick an 1100 hp. S.C. on the street. Can you say wheelie bar? How about a parachute that would look scary on a street car.

Back