Does anyone stock Mufflers?!?!

umasstom

Well.. my mufflers have rotted themselves away on the inside.. so much that its blocking up the exhaust so I cant even drive it. The problem is NO parts store around here stocks them or can even get them within 2 weeks. Any ideas???

Thanks
Tom
93 SC 5 spd

You should be able to get aftermarket performance mufflers (which are nicer than stock mufflers anyway) from most speed shops-as opposed to a general parts store- within a couple of days usually. Magnaflow, Dynomax, and Flowmaster are popular choices... Good luck!

cut them off

You could just cut them off and run some chrome tips.

The car would still be very quiet if you have all stock exhaust.

happy trials

Raymond

i have some

I have the whole stock exhaust system from a 92 sc. I took it off to replace it with a dynomax kit. The mufflers are mint....and the whole system. No rot anywhere...I'll sell the system...or maybe just the mufflers....let me know what you want to do.

Found a shop

I found a shop that is going to install 2 Flowmasters for me. The best part is that they're already doing it :) My friend dropped off my car, and it'll be ready by 4:30. Its costing me $240 including the chrome tips their putting on (their suggestion not mine). Has anyone run flowmasters on these before? They sound alright? Everything else is staying stock.

Tom
93 SC 5 spd

yeah if your gonna go aftermarket, go all out. the part where the downtubes enter the cats is the most restrictive part due to the 90 degree angle. i bought my full flowmaster force II kit for around 400 bucks from jegs, and it was at my house THE NEXT DAY!! then i just found a shop that would "fudge" the cat removal and bend me up custom downtubes. the installed and did all the work for around 50 bucks. that's CHEAP but i didnt complain. they mig welded all the parts together. mine sounds great without cats. very quiet under little throttle, and LOUD when you step on it. you cant hear it inside at idle or on the freeway. i love it. but definately do it right the first time. your headgaskets will thank you :D
-matt

mufflers

umasstom said:
Well.. my mufflers have rotted themselves away on the inside.. so much that its blocking up the exhaust so I cant even drive it. The problem is NO parts store around here stocks them or can even get them within 2 weeks. Any ideas???

Thanks
Tom
93 SC 5 spd
i work for international muffler and do stock them but i would go with an aftermarket such as flowmaster or magnaflow just to get some better flow. that engine needs to breath.

Back