99+ Mustang Tranny? will it WORK?

T@Sound-Xtreme

I just got off the phone with a man named allen, who knew a ton abotu trannys. He told me that i could use the tranny from a 99+ 3.8l Mustang in my 94 sc, that it would bolt right up, and work much better, becasue it already has the mech drum installed in it. Also he told me to see if I could find a 2003+ tranny from the 3.8l stang becasue the tc was brazed in to the tranny which is much better. I trust what he says, he seemed very knowledgeable(<--spelling?) about it all.

Basicly i just wanted to get a few opionins about it here, before i buy one tomorrow,

Thanks,
Tyler

Yes, you will have to change the pinout on the main transmission connector, and swap your MLPS and TCC solenoid. Other than that, it is just like swapping in another 94 4R70W.

I'm running a 2000 3.8L 4R70W in my 94 LX, behind the splitport 3.8L.

-Rod

ok how hard are those things to do? i need to know everything that ill have to do, as im think im going to buy it today.

Tyler

picture help would be great. Hopefully those parts are not part of the problem with the tranny i have now. It nutreals out after 2 gear, alan said it was the snap ring that casued it, i belive. But hopefully the pinout on the main transmission connector, and swap your MLPS and TCC solenoiid are not things that would contribute to the failure of my tranny now?

Rod will i need to change any wiring? If you could plese help me with some pics or anything that would be great, i will be calling all the yards today to get one.

Tyler

I highly suggest reading the Ford OD Transmissions 101 tech article over at tccoa. It has pictures describing how to install a newer transmission in our cars.

All you'll have to do is change over your MLPS and TCC solenoid from your current transmission, and repin the main transmission connector. It's a pretty easy job.

-Rod

Tyler,

I haven't checked the tech article over at tccoa to see if it has been updated yet, but you can just use the diagram that was posted by cougarsc in the thread you found above. That diagram is correct.

-Rod

Back