what is this

Better filtering of the oil, and ability to go longer between oil changes due to better filtering of the oil.

HSKR said:
Better filtering of the oil, and ability to go longer between oil changes due to better filtering of the oil.

Hmmm... Sure seems like alot of equipment, time, and money spent on something just to keep you from having to change the oil as often... I mean I know oil prices have gone up a bit but thats a bit extreme don't you think?

Actually, dual filter systems have been around for a very long time. It helps protect the engine by filtering the oil better. Proloning oil life is just a good side effect, but it was originally done to hlep protect engines in severe operating conditions like high dust and stuff.

All that work, and then FRAM filters.

Higher oil capacity usually leads to cooler running oil as well. For the most part, the person likely did it to just make it easier to change the filter. When you start considering a remote filter mount to make oil filter changes easier, then dual filters tends to follow along.

Personally, I would think having the filters mounted there wouldn't be any easier to change than under the nose(pretty easy IMO) and also would require some extra attention for clean up after removing the filters to keep it looking decent around the filters.

That's why it's better to mount it under the battery location, like this:

oil%20filter%20relocation.jpg

That's what it looks like on my 4.6L DOHC 90 XR7.

-Rod

I Hope this setup has a shut off valve. The Filters are above the engine and there is alot of hose between the two (Gravity Drain), I would be concerned with "Dry Start" after an oil change even with the filters topped off.
The Filters do look cool though. :cool:

racecougar said:
That's why it's better to mount it under the battery location, like this:

oil%20filter%20relocation.jpg

That's what it looks like on my 4.6L DOHC 90 XR7.

-Rod

Nice! Thanks for the idea! :)

Back