Knight Rider..

j2zuc3

Did anyone follow Knight Rider enough to know what im talking about with the KITT scanner? If you do know what I mean, you cn find them on ebay, I want to put one somwhere...will it fit anywhere on my 90 SC? Theres a small area just above the front bumper cover....any ideas guys?
Moves like this by the way.... http://www.djgm.co.uk/stuff/scanner-anim.gif

Attachments

• KITT.jpg
    KITT.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I think that area just above the bumper cover is used for air flow to the radiator. When I had my bra on, it cover that up and the motor seemed run hotter. You may want to pick another spot.

David

J.D. said:
Is it legal?

Probably not. Depends on local laws. Around here showing red or blue lights is reserved for emergency vehicles. At best it'll get you a ticket. At worst if the officer is a total jerk, or you hack him off, he could charge you with impersonation. They even get after those wiper-washer lights that were/are popular with the rice crowd.

Parker Dean said:
Probably not. Depends on local laws. Around here showing red or blue lights is reserved for emergency vehicles. At best it'll get you a ticket. At worst if the officer is a total jerk, or you hack him off, he could charge you with impersonation. They even get after those wiper-washer lights that were/are popular with the rice crowd.

Im guessing its illigal, but whatever, it has an internal on and off switch....But still, any ideas where it can go?

j2zuc3 said:
Im guessing its illigal, but whatever, it has an internal on and off switch....But still, any ideas where it can go?
I had a blue one in my Infinti it automatically turned off when I turned my running lights on

tbirdaj said:
I had a blue one in my Infinti it automatically turned off when I turned my running lights on

I want it to look something like this...this image was posted by pdennis93
sometime in 2003.

Attachments

• SCKITT.gif
    SCKITT.gif
    82.9 KB · Views: 181
j2zuc3 said:
I want it to look something like this...this image was posted by pdennis93
sometime in 2003.

I'm not a fan myself. I have an 84 Trans Am and I cringe at the thought of cutting my hood to put it in there. I know for the show they had to remove the front bumber and replace it with a longer pointier version to fit that thing on and make it look right. If you look at the show car and another 82-84 Trans Am, you can see the difference. I did see a 2002 Black Ram Air IV Trans Am with a yellow one that looked pretty bad *** though. Anyway, you'll have to cut the nose of your hood to fit it on right.

Kitt Scanner ......

"Did anyone follow Knight Rider enough to know what im talking about with the KITT scanner? If you do know what I mean, you cn find them on ebay...."

Take a look at your State's Revised Statutes(MotorVehicleCode) and see what is legal and what is not. Most States reserve RED and BLUE for Police and Emergency Vehicles ONLY, but AMBER or CLEAR lights(ie. running lights) are fine. Even a nice sweep with an Amber light would look tough at night!!!

:cool:

ThunderTurkey said:
"Did anyone follow Knight Rider enough to know what im talking about with the KITT scanner? If you do know what I mean, you cn find them on ebay...."

Take a look at your State's Revised Statutes(MotorVehicleCode) and see what is legal and what is not. Most States reserve RED and BLUE for Police and Emergency Vehicles ONLY, but AMBER or CLEAR lights(ie. running lights) are fine. Even a nice sweep with an Amber light would look tough at night!!!

:cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7934537396 WHat about this? :I did some measurments...this much BARELY fit in that little gap below the hood... :D ....and where can I find these statutes?

Believe it or not ............

j2zuc3 said:
....and where can I find these statutes?
:(

Well, here in AmeriKa we actually PAY our State Senators and Representitives to sit around a plush office and dream up LAWS like ... stock vehicle height, weather the back bumper is higher than the front bumper, how LOUD a muffler can be, how DARK a tinted window can be, how much tread can be left before a tire cannot be used anymore, and HUNDREDS of other laws that restrict personal freedom. All these laws are assembled into the States 'Motor Vehicle Code' manual. It's not easy for the average guy on the street to get one, but you better NOT break one of the laws. Why? Because EVERY cop carries one in the car with him so they can all be enforced!(at his discretion, of course). The good news is that EVERY library in every town in every State has a copy as part of the State Statutes, found in the Reference Section of the Library!

Back