Installing new speakers in doors

the-big-e

I have just installed new rear speakers in my SC and I was wondering if I have to remove the entire door panel to replace the front speakers, or can I pry the speaker covers off and then replace the speaker?

the-big-e said:
I have just installed new rear speakers in my SC and I was wondering if I have to remove the entire door panel to replace the front speakers, or can I pry the speaker covers off and then replace the speaker?
DON'T PRY THEM OFF
there are small plastic pins that will break and they wont stay back on
remove the entire panel

If you check over at www.mn12performance.com, there is a write up for repairing the power window motors. Along with this writeup is a description of how to pull the door panels off.

The door panels are very easy to pull off. They basically hang on the upper part of the door where the window channel is, a few clips, and some feet down at the bottom of the door. Off and back on in under 20 minutes. If not faster. Just be careful of the cupped plastic behind the door handle and it's tabs. Also the switch gear pod pulls out from the top, with a plastic piece at the bottom that tucks under the door handle. If you pull up too hard that buttom plastic piece will break off. Just take it easy and careful.

Back