A/C removal tips?

MKTSC

ok. i just got my bracket for the a/c delete. i was looking at it yesterday, and i realized that i have to take out the radiator to get to the condenser. my question is, do i have to take the intercooler off also? it seems to me that it's gonna be more of a pain than i thought to take the condenser out. however it is the bulk of the weight. has anyone else taken their a/c out? how did you do it?
thanks
-matt

If you mean, do you have to take the intercooler off to remove the radiator.....no you do not have to take it off. (Even though the Hayes manual says you have to..don't believe it)
I just took my radiator out yesterday. The intercooler remains in place. The rad just slips out. Just remove the two bolts that join the rubber bellows to the intercooler at the top, the lower part of the bellows is held in place by clips that stay in place on the intercooler when you lift up on the bellows. There are two more bolts that hold the rad at the top. And of course remove the fan and rad hoses.
My car is a 1990 SC manual. (no transmission lines to rad).
Easy, easy easy...took about 15 minutes to get the rad out.

Last edited:
thanks! i have an auto, so i DO have the tranny lines. am i gonna have to drain the tranny fluid as well?? did you remove your condensor?
-matt

Where did you get the AC delete pulley?
i am thinking of doint the exact same thing.. on an auto too..

i got it from ford.

ford p/n: E7TZ 8678-D
motorcraft p/n: YS-159

about 38 bucks. you have to modify the back hole, and cut 2 ribs off your belt. works great! XR7 dave has the same setup.
-matt

Back