Radiator fan crapping out

Supercouper91

Boy, when it rains it pours with these cars huh. I think my radiator fan is going out. It is making a horrible grinding noise when operating. I first thought it was the SC but soon realized it is the fan. I think I read somewhere that you can replace the motors on these, is this correct? If so where can I get the part and what is the part number? Will this require any special tools? Also are there any aftermarket fans that work well for our cars? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Why don't you just get a complete fan and motor used from the board here. I'm sure there would be several available if you put in a wanted ad. The only thing different among the years is 94 and later had a different wire connection than the earlier ones but you can modify any year connection to fit. John

i bought mine from autozone for 105 bucks. aint cheap. you dont need any special tools. i replaced my fan motor on the side of the highway with a regular tool set. whatever you do, do not beat on the end of the fan motor shaft with a hammer or the likes.. i did and regretted it immensely. just punch it out with a 5/32 deep socket if you have one. other than that its pretty straight forward. good luck.

Back