Custom Polishing - *sample pic

tbird88

upper1948.jpg

Finally got to where I'm satisfied with the results, offering to polish aluminum parts as a service now. No FTP yet so still can't update my webpage to reflect lots of new stuff such as this so I'm offering it here.
If the prices seem unusually reasonable it's because I'm taking into account that you'll have shipping expenses involved.

These prices are for polishing ribs/lettering only.

Upper IC pipe: 25
Lower IC pipe: 10
Blower top: 15

Return shipping approx 10.00

thanks,

'bird

ThunderCoupe94 said:
Wynn,

Would you polish the entire Upper IC Tube & Top also? If you are I would be VERY interested... Thanks for your time

Jay
The upper IC pipe would be pretty time-consuming, especially removing the original powdercoat and then sanding every nook and cranny of the lettering etc. Not sure I have the arms/shoulders for that heavy of a job either, I quit longshorin' in the early 80's LOL!
The polishing aspect isn't too bad, it's the prep that's labor intensive. Hard to tell because of camera angle but the raised top in the pic has been polished except for the hard spots I mentioned above.

I'll probably give in and do the pipe in the pic, hard to resist not doing it, that'll give me an idea if I wanna do another.

thanks,

'bird

Last edited:
2 quick questions. would polishing a raised top be much more, and how much would return shipping be for a top and upper ic tube? thanks.

They don't usually try to polish out all "character" between the ribs and lettering on the IC tubes. Unless you are using a small buff in there, you'll loose the detail on the edges of the letters and ribs. I've done a little polishing and what separates the amateurs from the pros is knowin when to stop! LOL

Polished/chromed IC tube (not done by me!)

scic1.jpg

specops_SC said:
2 quick questions. would polishing a raised top be much more, and how much would return shipping be for a top and upper ic tube? thanks.
Polish the ribs/letters as described above or the whole top? If you mean the whole top, cost is 60 + shipping.

Return shipping for a top & upper pipe is about 10.00

thanks,

'bird

gldiii said:
They don't usually try to polish out all "character" between the ribs and lettering on the IC tubes. Unless you are using a small buff in there, you'll loose the detail on the edges of the letters and ribs. I've done a little polishing and what separates the amateurs from the pros is knowin when to stop! LOL

Polished/chromed IC tube (not done by me!)
What he said!
(thanks)

'bird

ps: membership dues mailed yesterday!

tbird88 said:
The upper IC pipe would be pretty time-consuming, especially removing the original powdercoat and then sanding every nook and cranny of the lettering etc. Not sure I have the arms/shoulders for that heavy of a job either, I quit longshorin' in the early 80's LOL!
The polishing aspect isn't too bad, it's the prep that's labor intensive. Hard to tell because of camera angle but the raised top in the pic has been polished except for the hard spots I mentioned above.

I'll probably give in and do the pipe in the pic, hard to resist not doing it, that'll give me an idea if I wanna do another.

thanks,

'bird
Polishing the whole thing is not a lot of fun. The area between the letters really, really sucks. But it looks really good though when its done. For mine in a lot of spots I used a palm sander which worked well for large areas but for the small stuff, out came the dremel and sanding by hand. :(

Do you still do powdercoating? How much to re powder the top and upper tube to the stock gray, and polish the letters on both?

joenintiesc said:
Do you still do powdercoating? How much to re powder the top and upper tube to the stock gray, and polish the letters on both?
When I first started powdercoating I looked high and low for the "correct" gray and never did find it. Still haven't found it, any ideas?

'bird

Well, there is a slight difference between the stock factory gray and the gray Magnum Powers uses on their raised tops... I'm sure there must be a gray out there that, while not an exact match, comes pretty close... Unless there are not as many color choices in powder as there are in paint?

Back