Mark VIII MAF?

fixemup257

It seems that the Mark VII had a different size MAF for different years. Is this tru? Im looking for the 80MM which I am under the impression is calibrated for high fuel flow numbers good up to 375 hp. Can anyone tell me what size MAF went with what year. Thankx!

It will work but it wont run properly. I read that while they are similarly calibrated they lack enough in common to have any real advantage.

It will work, it will work properly...but not optimally. It has a similar transfer function as the SC (thats why it works good) but its not 100% the same so it makes ur car run a bit richer.....which is not necesarily bad. I installed it on my 94 when my MAF whent bad and I've had it since with no probs...i duno if it was my imagination or the excitement...but when i first flored the sc with the huge @ss 80mm maf the bird felt like a beast! By the way, the car idles perfectly and everything...the car will only run a bit richer, and u need an adapter to attach it to a cone filter or to your airbox.

Ive had the 80mm Mark VIII MAF for a long time- no probs, alittle bit rich but not so horrible that it hinders anything from what ive noticed- I took a piece of 4" exhaust pipe(from local diesel exhaust shop) and welded it to a piece of sheet metal, KN filter (9"x 4" diameter), and used universal cork gasjet material and cut out my own gasket for it.

1993 - 1995 are the same. I believe these are the ones that people were using to swap onto SC motors. Stamping I.D. on the black sensor portion would be F3VF 12B579 AA.

cheers,
Ed N.

Last edited:
thanks Ed. now i've been calling salvage yards near where i live and nobody seems to have them. these must be hard to find. does anyone on this forum know where i can get one cheap or have one to sell?

Ill check my basement tonite. I had another one, but my buddies V8 Bird may have ended up w/ it. If i have it, hows $25+ SH?

its an aluminum housing, 80mm, i just need your zip code for shipping costs. let me know and ill get it out to you.

you have PM. Thanks for selling the MAF to me. I'll be waiting for your address info to send the money to you.

OMG, fixemup257-

I am so sorry- i just realized this was your thread and you were looking for the MAF first. i deeply apologize for this. if you wanted the MAF from acb92sc please by all means buy it from him. this is your thread and i didn't realize that i just hijacked it. let me know if you still want the MAF so i can buy it if you don't want it.

again, i am so sorry, please accept my apologies.

hytorksc-

Last edited:
Back