Powerbrake Burnout??? 94 Auto Won't do it..

cudaz101

My 94 Auto SC will not do a powerbrake Burnout...WTF? I have traction control off, tried it in every gear...I know when I was in a Bone stock Aniv. addition SC the cat told me to PwrBrk it and it did it with much ease...

I am thinking that the brakes are set-up heavy % in the rear disks maybe...Any other ideas?? The car seems to run great, with normal pwr...It is pretty much dead stock minus the air silencer is about the only mod on it right now...

Cheers,

depends alot on the pavement type, and ambient temperature. mine will fry the tires on some pavements when it's cooler out with low humidity, but when it's hot, pavement is sticky, thusly making it harder for the tires to spin. just a tip though, repeated power breaks will result in alot of braking system wear and tear. lines can rupture, and seals go bad fast. hope this helps.
-matt

my 89sc aod with flowmasters and huge airfilter, under normal pavement i cant get them to break loose either i dont understand it cause the car is very fast

Brad, try flooring it first then getting on the brakes, that may help a bit. Or while holding the brakes, floor it and let up on the brakes until the rear tires start spinning and the fronts hold their ground.

:)

Jason..

Bro....That was back in 02...I now have no problems smokin' the tires on the 94'...I am pretty sure that the car had some vacum leaks, as well as a rod on its way when I got it...

Now.....New Engine with the 351rods and custom pistons, along with many other mods...The car is silly now...No complaints at all...:D

You are the burnout master though...I will try your technique when the time comes...:cool:

Brad

its weird cause my dad had a 91 sc and it wouldnt do a brake stand well, i bought a 91 and the first time and everytimne i drive it it has enough power to break loose. same year and everything and mine is much faster.

power brake

My 91 SC aod will roast the tires. No power braking needed. It spins them so fast, there is no sound. I love it. Air silencer removed with K&N panel filter and flowmasters are the only mods now, but getting ready to add high flow cats and raised top, maybe 5% od sc pulley.

David

i just dump the clutch and wait for my BF Goodrich G-Force T/A's to grip. Depending on how long i stay on it i cansmoke em till the cows come home....i dont do it often.....expensive tires:D ;)

I could be because 94 has an open diff in the auto car so even if you spin a tire it will just be one most of the time.

Those cars have something seriously wrong, my 90 will turn them over at a 20mph roll and dad's 94 5speed will squeell'em like crazy.

Back