please be something cheep

rhodes588

please be something cheap

Well, now that I replaced about every pulley in my car, I have a squeek squeek squeek noise coming from what I think in the supercharger snout. It usually only makes noise when the engine gets hot (usually to the R in NORM).

Couple things to take into consideration:

The car idles at 550-600 and shakes a lot at idle.
The noise only happends when in gear (reverse, also)
New A/C pulley, bearings, etc
New PS pump, pulley and hoses
New Waterpump
Stock Supercharger (1990)

And another question, when you blow your HG's, what exactly happends in the driver's seat. Or how do you know.

Last edited:
Any oil on the belts?

Is your speedometer bouncing at all? If it is, does the sound time itself up to the speedometer needle's movement?

With the engine hot, take the belt off, and run the engine for a few SECONDS in gear to see if the sound is still there. Don't run it more than a couple of minutes as your waterpump isn't spinning at this point.

If the sound is no longer there: Let the engine cool off and then turn each pulley by hand a few turns to see if anything's stiff (besides the crankshaft), or noisey. Pull up and down on each pulley to check for play. It is normal for the blower to make some gentle 'whish whish' sounds as it's turned as long as the snout turns freely.

Put the belt back on and and uncock the rad cap. Run the engine for a few minutes to circulate the coolant and let out any gas pockets that formed while the water pump wasn't turning (boiling coolant). This should be almost NIL, but it's best to be safe. Close the rad cap.

If the sound still happens with the belt off, check around the pulley for anything dangling or rubbing. If it's still happening, there might be something wrong with the tranny. Let us know.

rhodes588 said:
Well, now that I replaced about every pulley in my car, I have a squeek squeek squeek noise coming from what I think in the supercharger snout. It usually only makes noise when the engine gets hot (usually to the R in NORM).

Couple things to take into consideration:

The car idles at 550-600 and shakes a lot at idle.
The noise only happends when in gear (reverse, also)
New A/C pulley, bearings, etc
New PS pump, pulley and hoses
New Waterpump
Stock Supercharger (1990)

And another question, when you blow your HG's, what exactly happends in the driver's seat. Or how do you know.

Kyle,

There could be a few things going on here bud. First you say that your car shakes at idle. Is this in or out of gear? 550-600 RPM in gear is fine, but if it is shaking horribly at idle in gear than I would suspect the motor mounts for causing the shake. A gental shake out of gear is fine. Since you car has 90K on it motor mounts are likely. How does the car accelerate? Does it miss? Have you ever replaced the plugs and wires?

I highly doubt your head gaskets are to blame. If they were you could have smoke poring out of your exhaust pipes, coolant in your oil or visversa.

My advice to you Kyle would be to jack up the front of you car and take a look at you motor mounts. If they are bad PM me or IM me and I may be able to help you out.

Shane

Back