Windsheild Wipers going nuts!!!

SilverBullitt

I have a 95 SC and recently my interval wipers would not work. Also when I would start the car, the wipers would cycle every time at least 4 times when I started the car. Well, I changed the whole turn signal/wiper switch with a new one and I still have the same problem. Now it seems to be getting worse...Now the wipers don't cycle when I turn on the car and sometimes the low/high wiper setting no longer works. Once in a while, the wipers work like they should but then revert back to the screwed up state. Anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong.

Thanks

The only components in the interval wipers circuit are this module, the turn signal/wiper switch, the wiper motor (with park switch), and the wiring. I don't think that a loose power or ground connection to the module could cause your problem.
The module is used for all T-bird models and so should be relatively easy to find. I don't know whether all model years use the same module.

J.D. said:
Try replacing the "Interval Governor" which is under the dash on the driver's side.

what is look like? i have most a same problem, i tried to transalate "Interval Governor" for my native language but its meaningless... f**k online dictionaries :)

nrg said:
what is look like? i have most a same problem, i tried to transalate "Interval Governor" for my native language but its meaningless... f**k online dictionaries :)

It is under the stearing column to the left I beleive. It is a small black box that holds about 3 relays. You can hear it click when you use the sqirters/wipers to help you locate it. You can pull one from just about any year/make ford.

SilverFox said:
It is under the stearing column to the left I beleive. It is a small black box that holds about 3 relays. You can hear it click when you use the sqirters/wipers to help you locate it. You can pull one from just about any year/make ford.

i made a pix http://www.clanbase.hu/t-bird/sccoa/relay.jpg which one? probably the red? there is too much cable... :)

Last edited:
The one circled in red is the flasher. The one you are looking for is to the left of the steering column, somewhere in front of the fuse box.

J.D. said:
The one circled in red is the flasher. The one you are looking for is to the left of the steering column, somewhere in front of the fuse box.

i find this stuff, :
1.jpg

2.jpg
that is the wiper pulser relay? the stuff in red circle is burn into the whithe suff...

Last edited:
Back