How much would you pay for my SC? (not for sale)

SeafoodSC

I have a '95 automatic in mint condition. Garage kept since new. Very clean in/out and under the hood.

Moonlight Blue w/ grey leather
67,xxx miles
moonroof
sccoa stainless headers and full exhaust
sccoa 3/4" raised top
transgo shift kit
10% o/d pulley - (installed after exhaust)
k&n with removed silencer
robert shaw 180* therm
magnecore wires

anal maintenance intervals!

I don't intend to sell it but I'm just curious as to what you all think the car is worth.

I couldn't imagine giving this car up for such little money. Its too bad that even the newest SC's have age going against them now. Oh well, just another reason to hang onto it!

Well your car is what I would want in a 94 or 95 model. You also have to remember we all already have a SC and that keeps us from going nutz and making you $15,000 offers :) Also, unfortunetly Thunderbirds of our generation are not sought after and next to nobody knows what a SC is.

Jerry

I would pay "One Hundred Million Dollars!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No I would say if its as good as you say, $8-9K. One question where do you live, All those mods and only a 14.6@93??? Maybe your not pushing it to the max, and thats why your car is in that good of condition!

Not looking to start an argument here, but for what's done to the car, 14.6 is pretty respectable IMHO.

BlownMerc said:
I would pay "One Hundred Million Dollars!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No I would say if its as good as you say, $8-9K. One question where do you live, All those mods and only a 14.6@93??? Maybe your not pushing it to the max, and thats why your car is in that good of condition!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

about the 14.6

This car ran the 14.6 before the headers, raised top, and shift kit. At the time it had the sccoa 2.5-3-2.5 cat back sans cats, o/d pulley, 180*, and removed silencer w/ paper filter. As you know the 94-95 autos had the ridiculous open rear which resulted in an obscene amount of wheel spin.
I then added the headers, top, and custom downtubes because the sccoa downtubes were junk. This netted me another 14.6, but there is a reason for that. After adding the second round of mods, the engine was winding out and accelerating so much quicker that it was hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts! The electronic tranny wasn't able to keep up. I posted this problem on this board at the time and someone recommended the transgo shift kit. Problem solved. I never did take it back to the track because I wanted to wait to chuck the open rear. But I can say this car really moves out now. My next mod will be a real traction lock or possibly an auburn. I also plan on getting a P.I. convertor but not until the tranny is ready to be rebuilt, which I don't see happening soon because its working great now, and the car gets maybe 1,000-1,500 miles on it a year. Plus I have a few other cars in my garage that I started playing with so the SC has been sitting patiently for a few years now. I'm guessing this car will run an honest 14.0 when I get a decent rear, convertor, and drag radials.

oh yeah, forgot to add

I still have the stock MAF and TB on the car. I want to see if I can reach the 14.0 goal using these. One more thing, the car still has the stock fuel pump which I believe is hurting me. So I'll be adding a 190 pump as well before returning to the track.
The 14.0 is a conservative estimate. I believe it may be possible to hit the 13's after i get it dialed in. Anyone agree?

Oh sorry I thought you ran the 14.6 after all the mods you listed. I was thinking that with all those extras and it being a 95 you'd have been well into the 13's. You should run it again now and see what you can do. I'd gladly pay 8-9k or even 10k it sounds like a real nice car you've got! You should consider an Eaton Posi unit I've spoken with a local dyno shop and hi-po engine and rear end builder and he's told me many good things about the Eaton unit. Just a thought though. GO eat some Stangs!!

Last edited:
not including the performance mods, book value on your car is:

Trade in: $6,018
Private Party: $7,248
Dealer: $9,476

So Figure that if you find someone that recognizes that your mods increase the value, you can probably get $8500 - $9K. Sad thing is, that price will constantly fall as your car gets older.

Brian

Back