5.4 conversion what do i need

TwoToneThunder

im looking to drop a 5.4 lightning motor in my car cuz im pissed at the 3.8 if my headgasket blew
if anyone has done this b4 i would appreciate a list of what i need to change

titanium89scguy said:
im looking to drop a 5.4 lightning motor in my car cuz im pissed at the 3.8 if my headgasket blew
if anyone has done this b4 i would appreciate a list of what i need to change

First cut a hole in the hood big enough for the entire blower to stick out of because the lightning motor just doesn't quite fit. ;) If a blown headgasket pisses you off then trust me, trying to put any other motor in the car is going to drive you completely stark raving mad. :D

The big question is where would you find a lighting motor? Wouldnt you need the trans and computer and a lot of the other wiring? what about a radiator? Sounds like a job for, SUPER DAVE!!

I've done the research on this b/c it is the final destination for my SC. To buy everything you need brand new...around 10k (That gets you everything from the radiator to the tailshaft.). Did some auction searching and you can get a running, rearended, bent frame lightning for about the same (which would provide you with everything to include the K frame. It would fit under a 3" cowl and would requre a good bit of modification if not complete repacement of the k frame. I haven't gotten into the front suspension aspect of it yet. I am still working on fabing my custom hood. It's doable, expensive but doable. Having your father in law own a paint and body shop dosen't hurt either.

Back