question from oz

darnoldrs

i am chasing a few rebuild parts(gasket sets ect) from usa. just wondering if anyone knows a supplier of good quility affordable stuff that will post to australia?
also i think i have a 89model engine, 3.8l with factory super charger. ive been told localy there are 4 different engines, how do i tell which one i have or are all the parts the same on the super charged 3.8. I dont want to order the wrong one.
does anyone know where i can get a wireing loom, ecu, and coil pack for a s/c 3.8l from, out of a wreak or something? i have all the sensors on the motor but nothing else. what price? thanks heaps.

"1,2,3, What are we fighting 4"

darnoldrs said:
Ive been told localy there are 4 different engines, how do i tell which one i have or are all the parts the same on the super charged 3.8. I dont want to order the wrong one.
(1) 3.8 Liter '89 - '93 Supercharged
(2) 3.8 Liter '94 - '95 Supercharged
(3) 3.8 Liter Normally Asperated (non-supercharged, RWD)
(4) 3.8 Liter Normally Asperated (non-supercharged, FWD)

68COUGAR

PS: Apologies to Country Joe & the Fish!!!!!!!!!

they found the ecu for me so thats good. one less thing i have to chase.
The DIS. i assumed,(prob. wrongly) that this was the DIS? :confused: its at the front of the motor where i imagined the distributor would have been?

Attachments

• IMGP0435.JPG
    IMGP0435.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 85
The Land Down Under

Are there really Auzzie Supercoupes?

I've never heard of any being sold in your country.

Can you take pics of all the modifications required to import a Supercoupe into your country?

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Are there really Auzzie Supercoupes?

I've never heard of any being sold in your country.

Can you take pics of all the modifications required to import a Supercoupe into your country?

68COUGAR
no super coupes here in oz that i know of. it sucks. lots of rules and regs when importing "performance" cars to oz. :mad: we get all the "family" "city" (slow heaps) here in oz. ford aust. has been getting there act to gether in the last couple of years with our localy build falcons thou. started getting import mustangs lately to.
the motor i have is from a super coupe. Ford aust were testing it(aprox. 12h on the dino) with the intention of putting it in our falcon in the early 1990s(or so i have been told) but it never went ahead. hence why i sound like a complete idiot. :eek: when it comes to this motor i am. but you guys have been very helpful and it is much apriciated. :D

Do I Know you.....................

under another name?

Same subject, Same Country, Better English?

Have we had this conversation before?

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
under another name?

Same subject, Same Country, Better English?

Have we had this conversation before?

68COUGAR
if we have sorry. :( i had a bit of trouble signing in originaly but i didnt think i hade used another name. im not trying to waist anyones time either. i just trying to find info that no one over here has.

darnoldrs said:
they found the ecu for me so thats good. one less thing i have to chase.
The DIS. i assumed,(prob. wrongly) that this was the DIS? :confused: its at the front of the motor where i imagined the distributor would have been?

I think your picture is centered in on the cam position sensor. The DIS is on the bracket that doesn't seem to be on the engine right now. I'm pretty sure it says "DIS" on it too.

on one of these pics from his first thread ..there is a pic of the DIS..
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54477
requested wiring
89.jpg

....dave

forgive me for being so dense. All i know about these engines i have learned here in the last 2 weeks. i thought DIS=distributorless ignition sensor :( , not system. just a bit wrong. i had another look on the bracket and in big leters on the module, DIS. (idiot i am) :rolleyes: the wireing diagram will be very helpfull to. thanks heaps. :D

darnoldrs said:
i am chasing a few rebuild parts(gasket sets ect) from usa. just wondering if anyone knows a supplier of good quility affordable stuff that will post to australia?
I've shipped to OZ many times over the years, mostly to SC400 builders.
Make a list and I'll try to help. If I don't have it all I'm sure fellow members would be more than happy to help put together a package of whatever you need.

Where exactly are you?

'bird

How soon do you need head gaskets? I am working on a new style of custom gaskets that will be ready in February-I'll even ship you a set at the SCCoA discount price-no extra charge for the shipping.

Thanks. I have been dealing with XR7 Dave and have most of my parts i need now.
When i have this beast up and going i will send a video and pictures to him to show you guys what is it like.:eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope to be getting around the 280rwHp for starters and that (i hope) should get me into the high 11's/low12's 1/4 mile if i can get the traction.
It has so for ported heads, new valve springs, cam, rings and bearings a very free flowing exaust and a 18' x 12" x 3" FMIC. I will be driving the SC at about 2.95:1 at this stage so i hope i get some where close. next will be injectors and do some SC porting. Later an AR and NOS when It stops scaring adn when the budget allows. The car will only be about 2400Lb curb weight so it should be fun, LOTS of fun. :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks for everyones help so far. David

Back