www.transmissioncenter.net some info

nrg said:
anybody knows something from www.transmissioncenter.net?
they are trusted? im in hungary, and i just think to swap the aod into manual, or buy a tranny from www.transmissioncenter.net... :confused: my wife dont like manual :)

Hey there! I dont mean to highjack your thread but are you the guy that Emailed me about an Aluminum radiator? The fella that contacted me was in Hungary is why I asked. Anyway if your that fella I did try to Email you several times but the reply kept coming back to me with a message telling me there were error's with your Email address. I just did'nt want you to think I was ignoring you and would'nt reply to you. I really did try to get in touch with you. :)

MIKE 38sc said:
Hey there! I dont mean to highjack your thread but are you the guy that Emailed me about an Aluminum radiator? The fella that contacted me was in Hungary is why I asked. Anyway if your that fella I did try to Email you several times but the reply kept coming back to me with a message telling me there were error's with your Email address. I just did'nt want you to think I was ignoring you and would'nt reply to you. I really did try to get in touch with you. :)

yes, im that guy, i tought u dont read my mail... :) which mail addres was bad nrg@htdirect.hu or nrg@amiga.hu?
2: u know about this transmissioncenter?
3: im thinking about to swap the aod to manual, what u think, just use the manual, or try rebuild the aod :confused: in here no man who can rebuild the tranny, they try but no luck for them, and im sure they dont have the knowledge. :mad:

Internet RIP OFF

(Please read Administrator's Note Below)

There is NO legitimate company that is going to charge you $14.95 just to get information on your car.

You SIR, are an Internet SCAM Artist!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Gone SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68COUGAR said:
There is NO legitimate company that is going to charge you $14.95 just to get information on your car.

LET HIM HAVE IT. I HATE SCAMMERS

Nrg, Scammer

I've reported NRG as a possible SCAMMER.

Use caution & Common Sense when replying to him.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:

hmmm? u mean im a cheater? what info? what r u talking about?

Eeeeh exactly what part makes him a scammer??

He's asking about a place in the US called transmission center..
He doesn't own it from what I can see..
Transmission center is located in Louisiana not i Hungary...

Don't really get why you call NRG a scammer since he's just asking ABOUT
it... Not making a commercial or something...

Please correct me if I'm wrong..

After a whois this is the info that came up on that site:
Registrant: Performance Automotive and Transmission Center
107 Dover Ct Bossier City, Louisiana 71111 United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TRANSMISSIONCENTER.NET
Created on: 25-May-99
Expires on: 25-May-06
Last Updated on: 20-Apr-03
Administrative Contact: Kennedy, Don littler@SHREVE.NET
PATC Performance Transmission Parts Supply
2134-B East Texas street
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
United States
(318) 742-7754 Fax -- (318) 742-7784
Technical Contact: Kennedy, Don don@transmissioncenter.net
PATC Performance Transmission Parts Supply 2134-B East Texas street Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
United States
(318) 742-7754 Fax -- (318) 742-7784

Domain servers in listed order:
DNS1.ILAND.COM
DNS2.ILAND.COM
PINGA.ILAND.COM

To me it looks a lot like the guy you jumped in SCCOA.com is really innocent
and some guy i Louisiana is the guy you should flame.. .

But again... If I missunderstood anything please correct me...

//Per A

www.mn12racing.com

Coguar u think im the owner the transmissioncenter?
hehe... im jut think to buy an aod with some upgrade, they the only one what i find, but i dont want to throw my money out the window, so i have an idea to ask someone, probably someone here already bought from them one, so that someone can tell me to this guys ar ok, or not... :)

NRG:

I wouldn't buy anything from them.. Sounds a bit fishy...
I bought all my stuff from ArtCarr when I had my AOD rebuilt..
I went a little crasy and changed to the 4r70W gearing as well
so mine cost half a leg in parts...

If you want all the part numbers check out www.mn12racing.com
and check under mods... There you've got everything I put in
and links to a complete list from Art Carr...

As far as putting it all together I can recommend you to a guy here
in Sweden but that's probably not an option in your case..

Take care!

//Per

Administrator's Note:

I have been contacted by by NRG and 68Cougar regarding this thread. I don't have any replies to my questions yet, so I don't quite understand what the "scamming" issue is about.

Only thing I have seen is that the tranny site posted will sell a "tip" sheet for transmission. I'm not sure if this is the issue or not. I cannot find a link between the poster and the site. I'll post updated information when I get it.

Only alert I have on this post is that "Thyg0d" just joined and his first post is a defense post on this subject. He could just be a concerned lurker that has been around a long time, but it is interesting that this thread caused his first post. Probably is legit, but is interesting!

I'm sure everyone is aware, but it always bears repeating, research internet companies as thoroughly as you can before spending your hard earned cash. It is perfectly legitimate to ask questions about vendors here before you buy. You should always search our feedback forums as well, to see if we have any reports on your potential seller or buyer.

No alert on on me joining... Just felt sorry for NRG...
The reason I just joined is 'cause 68Cougar posted this on the
TCCOA forum as well where I've been a member since...
Lots of yrs anyway.. :D

Just thought I'd post my findings here as well so NRG
isn't dissed or something just 'cause someone missunderstood
everything...

//Per

nrg said:
anybody knows something from www.transmissioncenter.net?
they are trusted? im in hungary, and i just think to swap the aod into manual, or buy a tranny from www.transmissioncenter.net... :confused: my wife dont like manual :)

Either case (rebuilding vrs. switching to manual) is going to require a significant amount of work and expense. Are you capable of doing this work yourself? The AOD is not that difficult to rebuild if you are willing to take your time and learn as you go. I would contact www.lentechautomatics.com and/or www.artcarr.com about your AOD transmission needs. Art Car sells rebuild kits as well as valve body upgrades that can be installed by any competent mechanic. Both companies are well known in the SC community and well respected.

I would purchase this book on Amazon.com Haynes Ford Automatic Transmission Overhaul to either do the rebuild yourself or provide it to the shop doing the work so they can have a reference guide to work from.

David

Thyg0d, thanks for the reply! I find most legitimate posters don't mind being questioned.

i was who alert that, first i dont understand the word scammer, sec i ask a question and that is not the answer for me...

Thyg0d:
thnx, the info, i think, i will swap the manual, and play with the aod, i only saw one time inside but i can make that job what the service did, probably better :) but i need to get "wrench, i have only metric wrench and one piece "wrench.

Mike:
i saw a post where u controlled the guy who made the rebuild but i dont saw he succesed...

my english not the best, sorry

Thyg0d said:
No alert on on me joining... Just felt sorry for NRG...
The reason I just joined is 'cause 68Cougar posted this on the
TCCOA forum as well where I've been a member since...
Lots of yrs anyway.. :D

Just thought I'd post my findings here as well so NRG
isn't dissed or something just 'cause someone missunderstood
everything...

//Per

Why do you think he's a scammer 68C? Because of his broken english? I think he's new to english speaking and writing and probably new to the net too. He does alright. It can't be the company he's inquiring about.

dave: that lentechautomatics is great, and look like cheaper than transmissioncenter, thnx! i need some "fast" solution coz my wife will kill me if the car wont run before xmas... :)

Lentech is a great choice. I've spoken with Len and personally know many members who swear by his products. You will not regret the choice. Cheers!

Back