Help, no heat!!

scmatz

I can't get my car to blow heat. It just blows cold air. Also my temp guage goes all the way down once I get on the highway and get up to speed. I was checking out where the thermostat goes and it looks a little tricky. Does anyone know where I can get a walkthrough on how to install the thermostat. I'm not not a complete moron just was wondering how to get to the bolt where that deal with the writing on it screws out? I have worked on quite a few cars but this is my first sc so just wanted to get a little advice first. Thanks

Start with checking the heater hoses and see if they are warm. The SC uses a blend door to control the heat in the car rather than a water control valve. So when the engine is hot, both the upper and lower heater hoses should be warm as coolant is always circulating.

If the hoses are not warm, then the heater core is blocked and not allowing coolant to circulate.

If the hoses are warm, then the blend door may not be working or is stuck not letting air flow over the heater core.

Of course, start with basics like, is the engine full of coolant.

If the upper and lower radiator hose are hot, then your thermostat is working. Only if one is hot and the other cold can you know the thermostat is not opening. Make sure you watch your engine temp if you really think your thermostat isn't opening. You don't want to overheat.

Back