Mods?

fastfordfan1

Ok guys,
I am definately going to keep the SC. I really love the car! Now, I am going to have about $1000 to spend on mods for it. I know that I am definately going to put 3.27s in the rear, but I would like opinions for my best bang for the buck on the rest of the mods. I would LOVE to be in the 14.80s this up coming spring, maybe difficult at this altitude. The car is a 1990 5 speed. Help would be appreciated.
THANKS!!!!

Up for all suggestions:
Here is what I had in mind. CAI, new SC top, Magnaflow resonator and of course the gears.

I took my car down to PMI (about 5000ft) and ran a 15.4 @89.5 with a 2.3 60ft. If I had some good tires I'm sure i could have got at least 2.1 possibly even a 2.0 which would drop my et around a 14.8. all I have is 3.27's a K&N and silencer removed. So I would guess the CAI wouldnt be a bad idea exhaust for sure(maybee my next mod) as for the top I don't think it would be worth the money as of yet. and a pulley is a must. I don't know about you but I only see 9-10psi at 6400ft. elv. what is your's out of curiousity? have you ran the car yet? do you lift to shift or wot shift? I droped 2 tenths by doing wot shifts.

I have a 10% SCP pulley with shorter belt for $55 shipped. But I wouldn't put this on until you've done the exhaust.

Back