Rear view mirror stained

superchicken37

Anyone else have some little black stains in their rear view mirror? They're in the middle of the mirror concentrated near the top and bottom. I tried to get it off with alcohol with no luck. When I run my fingers and fingernails over it, I can't feel anything. If anyone knows how to get these stains off please help. Thanks,

Jason

It could be the reflective silver stuff coming off the backside of the mirror glass. In that case, replacement of the mirror is the least expensive option. (That is, besides the option of ignoring it.)

Mine too and I have the moon roof and thus the mirror has my map/dome lights. Not your average mirror in the junkyard. Anybody had just the mirror glass replaced?

Jerry

Most of our SC's are getting near the age where this starts to happen. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a fix for this...like gldiii said...time to replace the mirrored glass!
-Jeff

PS Mine's the same way....I tried to tell a police ocifer I couldn't see him in my rearview due to this problem.....he was none too happy!
:rolleyes: :D :confused:

Me too. I replaced it with a $12 Advanced Auto mirror - but that mirror doesn't fit the original metal bracket and is very loose...

I saw a Mustang convertable mirror on ebay and it looked just like my moon roof mirror. I beleive it was a late 80's but if you think about it all convertable mustangs probably have the dome light made on the mirror. I'll have to look into this further. I'm not interested in a 80's model since I have a 13 year old mirror now. What we need is a late model Mustang mirror that has the lights in it.

Jerry

Back