Mustang Commercial

Cool commercial, never saw that until now. Just priced my stang... Ouch, $35,000. That's damn near clearance Cobra price.

cowtown said:
Cool commercial, never saw that until now. Just priced my stang... Ouch, $35,000. That's damn near clearance Cobra price.
Yeah, I priced my Yellow Stang and then searched for 2004 Cobras and thought, Damn!!!!!! I know the new styling is sort of cool, but the gremlins might bite it because its so new. To me, Steve McQueen is the epitome of everything Mustang. What a brilliant commercial.

I hit about $37,500. I guess I'll have to keep the SC for now.

I really do like the 'Stang's new styling though. The stock version is nice, but when you look at the pic that's floating around of the yellow one with the aftermarket hood, the different front bumper cover and chin spoiler/splitter, and the bigger wheels, etc., man, does that car look awesome or what!

...But I agree, for the same or less money you could be driving an '04 Cobra which IMO would be more fun to take to the track.

I might have to see if Eastgate Ford has a new GT available for a test drive. I'd just like to take one for a drive. I hear that Ford finally built a Mustang that is a whole package... Good power, good handling, good braking, nice interior, etc.! I'm really curious to see if there will be an aftermarket following for the new 4.0L SOHC V6 motor that is coming in the base coupe. I've toyed with the idea of doing a swap like that into an SC for the sake of being able to run a supercharger with an integral air-water IC similar in design to the 'Stang Cobra and the Lightning. Having that lifter valley open for hardware really opens up some possibilities without having to put some high-rise cowl hood on the SC. ...I'm just not sure that the mill can support the kind of HP/TQ that we would need to make in order to move our heavy cars as well or better than a done up, SC'd 3.8L OHV motor can.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. The new 'Stang is very nice to look at!

Cheers,

Sean

If I was shopping for a new sports car the 2005 Mustang would be a serious contender. It's larger on the inside and outside than the SN95. I can actually stretch my legs out in the driver seat. I'm not impressed with the interior materials, it's pretty cheap plasticky looking, like Mattel designed it.
The engine seems a lot simpler than our cars. Looks like there's less wires and plumbing crowding up the space. Coil on plug ignition, and I couldn't see a throttle cable, probably an electrically-actuated throttle valve. The cylinder heads are brand new, but since it's a Mustang, the aftermarket will develop performance enhancements pretty quick.

Yeah a KB or a Vortech on a new V6 STang would be pretty nice, but still a well appointed one still would run $28,000 with a blower.

I'll stick with my plan of looking at a lease returned one in 2-3 years with the possibility of a 99-03 Lightning instead, though the SC would have to be running well for that toy to enter the house since it wouldn't set foot in the snow.

Sadly I've seen 3 or 4 Lightnings zipping around Calgary with Winters on over the past couple years.

Back