Looking to Buy SC or XR-7 near Missouri

94 T-Bird

I am in search of a 1989-1995 Super Coupe or 1989-1990 XR-7 with a 5-speed trans that is in running condition. I live in the St. Louis area, so I'm looking for one anywhere in Missouri or in eastern Illinois or even western Kansas. Body condition and interior condition is unimportant, I would like the car to be drivable, though. I mainly want the car for a project car, so I'm not looking to spend much on it. If anyone in the area is selling, please send me an email. Thanks.

Mark Piskulic
StLBlues512@aol.com

93 5 speed

If this works for you it is only $2300, so come and drive it home... only 6 hours away. This one is well worth it but I have to clean out my flock, orders from the boss............Rich

Low on cash and time

Thanks for the offer Rich, but $2300 is a lil more than I got right now and I don't have enough spare time at the moment to take a 6 hour trip to get a car.

Mark

I live about 3.5 hours from St. Louis and I've got a 90 SC that "was" perfect, inside and out. BUT that was before the hailstorm with softball size hail :( It still runs great but it will need LOTS of TLC. I was going to rebuild it and have already purchased new trunk lid, drivers door, headlights, clear corners, rear view mirrors, etc. But I found a 95 SC and have bought it, now the wife says one MUST go!!! If you are interested let me know.

How much are you looking to get out of the 90 SC? Are you selling the parts with it? Or at additional cost? Where do you live, more specifically?

Mark

I'm not really sure how much I want for it. I had not thought about selling untill recently. I am open to offers. As for the parts, they would be for sale also, I would not be needing them if I sell the car. I don't have all the parts to fix it back, but most of them.

I live close to Lebanon MO. Lebanon is right on I-44 about 50 miles before you get to Springfield. Lebanon is about 3 hours from St. Louis.

I am definately interested in your 90 SC, it's close enough to home and sounds like the kind of project I'm looking for. But I get the feeling that it may be a little out of my price range considering the money that you have put into acquireing the replacement parts for the car. I would like some more info on the car and maybe a pic of it in its current state before I could make an offer for it. I am assuming it is a 5-speed, since I'm not interested in buying and an SC with an auto transmission. How many miles are on it? Any major engine/transmission work been done on it in the past couple years? Is the car legally drivable in its current state? (No broken windows, headlights, etc) You can PM me or post or send me an email to StlBlues512@aol.com
Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark

I don't think you understand......SOFTBALL size hail......The storm broke the windshield, headlights, turn signals, passenger door glass, rear view mirrors, dented the body BAD!!!! It has been sitting for 2 years, but I have kept it running and it still starts and runs great (it was always a very strong running car and yes it is a 5-speed). It has almost 110,000 miles on it. As far as I know mechanically it is great, I wouldn't be scared at all to drive it to St. Louis, but it will need the windshield and headlights replaced before you could drive it.

Also I had already started to replace the front fenders, so the old ones are off, but I haven't put the new ones on yet. The new ones are in perfect shape. I also have the bumpers and headlights off. The drivers’ door was badly dented, so I found a used door in great shape. I have new clear corners, all the window trim, rear view mirrors and trunk lid. I also have the hood and front and rear bumper from a 95 SC that would bolt right on and make it look like a 95. To finish the project you would need to purchase a passenger door glass, windshield, headlights, and do body work on the rear quarter panels and roof.

As far as the interior goes, it “was” in good shape considering the age. Sitting in the yard this long has taken its toll on it (and the mice that got in it and crapped all over didn’t help either). The dash is NOT cracked at all, (which is unusual), the door panels are good with minor wear, the front seats are out of my 95 and in very good shape, but the color does not match exactly. They are both gray, but the 95 gray is much darker than 90 gray. The back seat at the top is BAD but I have a new one to replace it also. The carpet is very nasty from sitting (and the mice). I don’t know if it can be cleaned or if it will need replaced, but I think it will clean.

Like I said this car will need LOTS of TLC, but most everything is bolt on. The only bodywork it would need after replacing the bolt on parts, is on the rear quarters and roof. The quarters are not too bad (only dented at the top edge) and could be fixed quickly, the roof…. that’s another story!!!….. That will take a LOT of work or just replace it (that’s what I was going to do, it’s not as hard as it sounds). I think I could get you a roof for about $50. Of course it will need painted after (unless you like a gray car with red fenders, black hood, blue trunk, and a white door!!!).

If you are still interested after reading all of this, let me know and I will send pictures. I would also be willing to go ahead and replace the fenders, trunk and door that I have, and get the windshield replaced, so it would be ready to drive. I am a very honest person and I wanted you to know what you are getting into, but it is not worse than I said. I do believe it is a good car, and like I said I wouldn’t be afraid to drive it to St. Louis, but it looks rough.

Let me know.

Crazily enough, I am still interested in the car. The car has low miles and seems to be in good mechanical shape, which is important. I would like to see some pictures of the car on the outside and inside. Does the interior have any water damage, or just mouse crap? Is the rear windshield broken or just the front? Ok, now the real question, how much are you looking to get for the car? Assuming that I were to trailer the car and replacement parts, as-is, in what price range would you be looking to get for the car: less than $500, $500-1000, $1000-1500, $1500-2000, or more than $2000? How much more would you want if I were to take you up on your offer to make the car drivable? Let me know. Thanks.

Mark

before you do all that.......

94 T-Bird said:
Crazily enough, I am still interested in the car. The car has low miles and seems to be in good mechanical shape, which is important. I would like to see some pictures of the car on the outside and inside. Does the interior have any water damage, or just mouse crap? Is the rear windshield broken or just the front? Ok, now the real question, how much are you looking to get for the car? Assuming that I were to trailer the car and replacement parts, as-is, in what price range would you be looking to get for the car: less than $500, $500-1000, $1000-1500, $1500-2000, or more than $2000? How much more would you want if I were to take you up on your offer to make the car drivable? Let me know. Thanks.

Mark
Jump on a plane and take this 93 and drive it home. You can be driving it today and not have to fix ANYTHING...... Just some food for thinking on.......Rich

Sorry to take so long to reply, its been one of those days!! Anyway, I will get some pictures in the next few days, probably Thursday or Friday, that’s the next time I will be home in the daylight.

To answer your questions, the interior is just dirty, no water damage, I kept it covered. I really do think it will clean up nicely. The rear window is fine and so are the side glasses and drivers door glass. Only the windshield and passenger door glass is broken. I found a passenger door glass today and will install it just so I can get rid of the plastic covering it. So after that, only the windshield will need replaced.

As far as price, I'm still not sure, but I can tell you this, I understand that I can't get near as much out of it because it needs lots of work, but I won't sell it too cheap either because I could part it out and make a lot more on it. I will give it some more thought, and you can too, then we can talk after you see the pictures. I will try and be fair on the price.

Do you want me to post the pictures here or send them directly to the email address you posted above???

Thanks

You can post the pics or email them, I have high speed internet, so whichever works best for you. I'm glad to hear that now only the windshield will be missing, this makes the car closer to being drivable. I understand that you don't want to sell the car too cheap, since you have invested money in acquiring replacement parts. I look forward to seeing some pics of the car to give me a better idea of what I'll be willing to put out for it. Let me know when you decide what you would like to get for it. Thanks.

Mark

norsemanDAN

Mark,

I have a complete 92 SC 5-spd that runs, but needs work. It has been modified to almost 400 HP. It has 9 X 17 rims with nearly new BFGoodrich G-Force KDW 275R40-17 (rear) and 255R45-17 (front). I will sell real cheap and deliver it to you. I have a two-page document and photos that I can send from my e-mail. If you are interested, please reply to my e-mail addresses:

dnorsworthy@satx.rr.com and gtma-dan@texas.net

Thanks,
Don

Just wanted to let you know I havn't had a chance to get the pictures yet and I won't be able to tonight BUT I WILL get them tomorrow!!

I did get the door glass changed last night and swept the carpet. I think the carpet will be O.K. I looked at the dash again and it is still perfect-- no cracks and the door panels were better than I remembered.... not perfect but very good. Anyway enough for now I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks!

I finally got some pictures. As you can see the drivers side and top is what that got hit with the hail the worst. The passenger side is in good shape except for a few spots. Like I have said, I have new fenders, bumpers, driver’s door, hood, trunk, window trim, etc. The front end parts I have are for a 95, so when it is put together it will look like a 95, with the exception of the tail lights, that will be a give away.

I have been using the car to store all the parts in and so I have had the back seat down (for two years) with parts laying on it. What I didn’t know is that the seat belts were wadded up under it and making creases in the leather. I think with time it will come out and look O.K., but that is what the wrinkled up place is on the back seat. Also the hood and trunk look like there are bad places on them, that is just bad paint. The paint had chalked up and has white spots on it. If you have any questions just ask. I had more pictures than I was allowed to post, so here are the interior pictures. I will post the exterior pictures next.

pc040001.jpg

pc040002.jpg

pc040003.jpg

pc040004.jpg

pc040008.jpg

pc040010.jpg

pc040014.jpg

pc040021.jpg

pc040023.jpg

pc040027.jpg

pc040029.jpg

Well, I've looked at the pictures and I am still interested in the car. The interior is in pretty good shape considering the age of the car. The exterior work is within my range of skill. It could be a real good car for me after it is fixed up. I guess it all comes down to the price. Do you have an amount in mind? We can discuss things further via email or telephone. My email is already posted, so if you want to send me an email and your phone number, we can discuss things further, off of the forum. Thanks.

Mark

Back