WTB: Door Hinges - Dside. Handle assem.

getblown

Door hinges, ugh... the ones on my XR7 are shot and i have to lift the door to close it. In doing that, i broke my drivers door handle... help me please. If you have a set of hinges or a dside door handle assembly let me know please.

jOe

i will save you $$$$$$

You can repair your hinges..1] Pull the front fender, 2] unbolt the door but mark it where the hinge goes. 3] go to NAPA and get a repair kit for GM doors. 4] drill out the old pins 5] push in the new bushings that come in the kit. 6] put in the new pins and cut to the right lenght. 7] replace both the door and fender.8] Thank me when the job is done in less than two hours per side. 9] buy the other door parts you need from me..
There now go off and do this and remember that this way will save you about $75 so next time you see me buy me a drink........Rich

pro street rich said:
You can repair your hinges..1] Pull the front fender, 2] unbolt the door but mark it where the hinge goes. 3] go to NAPA and get a repair kit for GM doors. 4] drill out the old pins 5] push in the new bushings that come in the kit. 6] put in the new pins and cut to the right lenght. 7] replace both the door and fender.8] Thank me when the job is done in less than two hours per side. 9] buy the other door parts you need from me..
There now go off and do this and remember that this way will save you about $75 so next time you see me buy me a drink........Rich

OMG you do it the hard way, i just repaired upper and lower hinge pins and bushings, took me 1 hr and 14$

Here is a link to how I did it.

The pins and bushings I bought said ford on the package:p
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53362

As for the door handle, I can't help there, I lifted it up by the bottom of the door to close it, or left the door open.

repair the stricker too, and, DO NOT re-adjust the striker, you should see the marks in the dust in the door to see where the striker goes...

If after you fix your door, you can not get it straight, jack it up with a floor jack a hair, and then try it.

Needless to say, my door closes as smooth as silk;)

pro street rich said:

Ill quote you on this rich... if it doesnt work, when i see you at the next shootout, ill beat you rather than buy you a beer :D

jOe

getblown said:
Ill quote you on this rich... if it doesnt work, when i see you at the next shootout, ill beat you rather than buy you a beer :D

jOe

Why you do it his way? Mine would be quicker and a lot easier...

Back