IC question

Thomas95SC

I am looking to get a CAI with possibly a 85 or 75mm TB, MP air plenum, magnaport II blower and raised top. Im having trouble making a decision on what type of IC to go with; the MP FMIC or a double IC? I plan to keep my A/C. My concern is my engine temp. With my A/C on in town my car rarely goes over 220 deg. I know that it is suggested that you get a better radiator but is Griffin the only one? I'm also curious about the performance differences between the two. I tried a search but I found nothing that directly relates to this topic. Also, could my stock injectors handle this? I will be installing a 255lp fuel pump. Thanks for the input.

sonicman1634 said:
I am looking to get a CAI with possibly a 85 or 75mm TB, MP air plenum, magnaport II blower and raised top. Im having trouble making a decision on what type of IC to go with; the MP FMIC or a double IC? I plan to keep my A/C. My concern is my engine temp. With my A/C on in town my car rarely goes over 220 deg. I know that it is suggested that you get a better radiator but is Griffin the only one? I'm also curious about the performance differences between the two. I tried a search but I found nothing that directly relates to this topic. Also, could my stock injectors handle this? I will be installing a 255lp fuel pump. Thanks for the input.

Check with Mike38SC,he is making an alternative to the Griffin radiator.

When I install a MPII blower MP plenum.I had to install 42# injectors
because the motor was leaning out in the top RPM range.

I already had a bigger throttle body,MAF,and blower top.
Before I installed the blower & plenum.

I picked up 29.7 rwhp from the blower & plenum install.This
was with a stock motor.So I would think with the installation
of the MP II blower & plenum,with 75 or 85mm TB,bigger MAF
cold air tube,raised top,ect.You might pick up 50 rwhp max.
More with the MP FMIC.

RANDY

Last edited:
Randy N Connie said:
When I install a MPII blower MP plenum.I had to install 42# injectors
because the motor was leaning out in the top RPM range.

I already had a bigger throttle body,MAF,and blower top.
Before I installed the blower & plenum.

I picked up 29.7 rwhp from the blower & plenum install.This
was with a stock motor.So I would think with the installation
of the MP II blower & plenum,with 75 or 85mm TB,bigger MAF
cold air tube,raised top,ect.You might pick up 50 rwhp max.
More with the MP FMIC.

RANDY

I was reading the in the FAQ forum and it states when to upgrade but dont I have 36lb injectors? So will I still need bigger ones? I have a 94'. So I guess the MP FMIC is better than the double IC? Also, where can I get a bigger MAF to match the injectors?

Back