Does Anyone Know?

What is the stock compression of our 3.8 SC engine compared to the stock compression of a 1987 3.8 Buick GN Turbo engine??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmmmmm.......

I found out that the Buick GN is definately 7:8:1 compression ratio, but nobody seems to be certain about the SC. I know it sounds funny why I want to know, but I am doing a little homework.
Thanks! :cool:

Last edited:
This just found

Thunderbird SC: 8.2:1
1987 Buick GN: 7.8:1

Does anyone know which has the advantage if you factor in a power adder of equal boost???? :confused:

dirtybird91 said:
Does anyone know which has the advantage if you factor in a power adder of equal boost???? :confused:

The higher compression one would make more power (everything else being equal) But it will have detonation B4 the lower comp engine would.

Mustang IIowner said:
The higher compression one would make more power (everything else being equal) But it will have detonation B4 the lower comp engine would.

I see! But with boost factored in things should have the opposite affect, right? :confused:

dirtybird91 said:
I see! But with boost factored in things should have the opposite affect, right? :confused:

No. Mustang IIowner is right. The one with lower compression can safely make more boost before is starts to detonate compared to the higher compression one that makes less boost before it detonates.

Shane

Back