Ease and cost of 3.27's? additional parts?

scbird94

I drive a 94 sc 5spd with a fresh rebuild (5k) and this summer at the unofficial street races, i got eaten by a jetta with an echo cannon driven by a fat guy. Given, my MAF was clogged and was eating up TONS of power i didnt know i had, i am bound and determinend not to let it happen again. So, while my car is in storage, im doing the Eibach drop, cold air, and i am interested in getting 3.27's. So, my question is what does this conversion run? I know i need a different speedo gear, but as to what else, i have no idea. I have access to a lift and all necessary tools, just need to know cost and parts needed.

Thanks!
Dylan Roth
St. Cloud MN

Are you just going to swap gears or are you going to freshen the rearend up as well. If you just swap gears you will need crush sleeve, pinion nut (or some loctite), gear oil , and friction modifier if limited slip. I'd go 3.55's if it were my mine. I think I saw a complete 3.27 pumpkin for sale on tccoa, that would be an easy swap. I have 3.55's comin out my rear if you need a set.
Alan

I think the 3.55s would be way to tall for your 5spd but the 3.27s would be perfect. Go with the 3.27s.

Shane

quick35th said:
I think the 3.55s would be way to tall for your 5spd but the 3.27s would be perfect. Go with the 3.27s.

Shane
I love my 3.55s at the track w/ slicks, but w/ street tires 1st gear spins all the way-- i use second to start. G/L Adam B

ur going to want 3.27's, but i would look at parts for sale first, and just buy an automatic differential, out of an early model sc, thats what i did for my 91, and it bolts right up and has the locker in it. it works just fine until i want to buy a set of nice gears and rebuild it, although i might not need to, the damn thing is so nice and i got it for $80. one of the best bolt ons i have done so far on my car for the money. especially if money doesnt grow on a tree in your backyard, or your dads wallet.... my .02

Back