custom exhaust i did

trwnum2

Hi everyone, I just finished up my exhaust today on my 90 5 speed

I used a set of the high flow cats, a flowmaster 70 series big block muffler (two in one out), a set of cutouts, and all mandrel bent tubing to eliminate crimps

It is 2.25 all the way to the muffler and 3 all the way to a 90 degree dump right under my driver's side door

I used 6 45 degree bends a one 90 bend in 2.25 and two 90 3 inch bends

The drivers side downtube came out perfect with a single 90 bend into the cutout and cat

The passenger side downtube was two accurately cut 45 bends into the cutout and cat

Atfer that i ran two 45 bends to get the exhaust to the muffler

Then i ran a 90 out the back and put a 90 facing down to dump the exhaust out

Then I mig welded every pipe together with a home depot cheap special 110 volt machine, it actually came out really nice

It sounds really good this way, I have had a number of different setups (flowmaster kit, my own custom 2.25 to 3 to 2.25) and this one has a real unique sound - almost v8 sounding

I have a little bit of drone but not much, more than the flowmaster but less than when i had two 40 delta forces flowmasters on

Hopefully I can get a pic or video of the system up sometime this week

I have the full mag-powers setup and a 10% overdrive on and im getting like 15 pounds of boost with it, enough that im kicking my tires out through 3rd until i heat them up when trying to hear how the system sounds

Tero said:
are here forum any pictures of different exhaust systems..?

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some myself. I want to do Exhaust next year and need to see some different ideas.

cowtown said:
Thanks a nice looking setup, what is it consist of?

2.25 down from manifolds to where it joins and runs into a resonator, splits out to two flow pro mufflers, but im replacing them in the spring with the 19" borlas. It was done by a small personal business and the guy is well known for his skilled exhaust work.

Here is what mine looks like. I put temporary tips on it, till I get the 8 point installed and sub frame connectors mounted to the bottom mounts, then will turn the exhaust 45 deg and exit in front of the rear tires.

It has Dynomax Bullets that sound GREAT on a V8, but no idea what it would sound like on a V6.

exhaust3.jpg

Back