Trade 89 SC 5spd for 5.0

1QuikV6

I have an 89 SC 5 speed black/grey cloth. Car has ALL options except leather. All the car needs in an upper shifter, clutch cylinder bleed, and a left front fender (dent from tractor). Car was painted 2 years ago and the rims are chrome dipped. You can view the car on the post "Black SC Owners". Scroll through and youll see a few posts under this screen name with various pics of it. Car has 160k miles with 10k on the clutch and 50k on Fel-Pro gaskets. Car burns NO oil. I changed the oil last week and I got 5 quarts out of it. Car has always had Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Feel free to PM me, email, or reply to this post.

I had a 88 GT 5 speed before this SC and I miss it so anyone interested who has a decent Fox 5.0 5 speed please contact me.

I have posted this car for sale at tccoa before and had no luck. I am now gauging interest in parts. I am considering using this as a donor for a 5.0 swap into my 89 5spd SC. I am still torn on this as a sc3.8 will make a lot of power and not involve several different components and rewiring, Heres the deal, tell me what you want and are realistically willing to pay and I will respond, or make me a legit offer on the whole car. It is a 92 sport w/ 3.08 open r-end and drum breaks . Motor is 5.0 runs good has 135000 on it. tranny is getting bad slips when cold, and hood and headlights are bad from hitting a deer last summer. All glass is good, body is blemish free except for the hood. Interior is okay some stains and sun visors are torn. Has new radiator, heater-core,t-stat, end links, upper ball joints,and alternator. looking for $700 obo for whole car, or will entertain trades for other t-bird/supercoupe performance/aesthetic parts. Will trade long block minus the harness and computer for aftermarket/ custom exhaust, headers, 94/95 sc, or rims. May trade everything needed to swap the 5.0 into your car for a 3.8SC longblock with70 to 90Kmiles. all offers will be considered. email , post or PM me need to get moving on getting this car gone. Very motivated

Oh trust me, I regret selling it to this day... Was as fast or faster than my SC but the real nice thing was that it was reliable. Id take a nice 5.0 bird if I came across one. One that didnt need work. Otherwise Im thinking of going import. i dont have time or money for this thing any more...

I know what you mean. I think I did the brakes, water pump, clutch and rag bushing on my GT and that was all the repairs I had to do, other than regular maintanence. And my flowmasters that I had put on. I really miss those t-tops though. I spent alot more in repairs with the SC. The GT had 85,000 when I got it and the SC had 197,000, so that might have something to do with it. Also I agree that the 5.0 is more reliable than the 3.8.

David

My GT had 105 and all i did was replace the clutch :) it had single stage Flowmasters and long tubes and GOD did it sound SO good. i dont think an SC could ever have that throat :) Good ol' Five-O throat and sound

Do you have any pictures of it? I have a lil 5.0 that I've been debating about selling after I finnish the paint job(there was only a little surface rust, it was fixed, there is very very very little filler on this car)

I've been playin with the idea of trading/selling it, or so whats out there. If I dont like the sort of responses I get for it, I'm going to t/t the thing :D

but details on the car- 86 notch- 136k on body(not correct, had 3.90's installed when it had 40k miles or so on it and the speedo gear was never changed) Current motor and trans have ~50k miles. Its dark midnight blue pearl(changes blue purple and black-custom mixed paint) Grey interior.

now heres the part that makes it fun-

Engine mods- 306ci, 10:1 compression, e303 cam, 1.73 frpp rr, gt40 heads/intake, 65mm tb, 77mm pro-m, 24 lb hr injectors, 1 5/8 long tubes with full 2.5 inch catless exhaust with dynomax super turbos, underdrive pulleys, msd 6al, msd tach adapter and blaster 2 coil, newer radiator, water pump, new alternator, frpp9mm wires, thats most of it....

suspension/drive train- boxed/reinforced torque boxes, southside machine lift bars, 3.90's, world class h/d t5 with 2.95 1st gear, centerforce dual friction clutch kit, pro- 5.0 short throw, drive shaft loop, weld in subframe connectors, moroso trick drag springs-cut(front), rear- intrax 2" lowering springs, kyb shocks all around, no quads, new front rotors-brake lines-calipers, centerline drag wheels- I think thats it too much to remember lol

body/interior- sc tbird seats with power bolsters and lumbar, no rear seats, full 87-93 interior conversion except for dash, new dash top, new carpet, all new weatherstripping, 87-93 1/4 windows-taillights-window trim, new paint(house of kolor), pioneer cd player, infinity speakers front and rear, jl 10w3v2, 10%window tint all around. It also has a harwood pin on 3" cowl hood, no wing

I think thats most of it, I know I'm forgetting things, but you get the basic idea. I put 12kmiles on it in one year, 20 drag strip passes and the only thing thats givein me fits was the alternator. Its never broken down or left me stranded. I'm really anal about maintnece, it gets an oil change every 4 months or 2k miles along with new plugs then, cap and rotor every 10k miles and so on. Its a great car, still has working ac, p/s, and smog pumps still there. It has manual windows, locks, and seats.

This car was built to be a damn good street car, and thats what it is.

I'd be interested in a trade of your car and some $ if your interested, it shoudl be done in a couple weeks.

Thanks, Justin

look up the post "Black SC owners". I have two posts on it with various pics. I made the post for people with Black SCs. The exterior was in really good condition til i tore up the fender but its off being fixed and painted as we speak. The car simply needs a 2nd synchro which is beginning to go. Im replacing the clutch cylinder today.

I like how you have built the car. I have a 66 GT coupe with a 347 stroker, Jack Roush 14.1:1 pistons, ported and polished 351W heads fitted with roller rockers, twisted crank by Tony's High Performance, high lift/dur Crane Cam (dont remember the specs of hand), Edelbrock performance II intake w/ Eddie 750 4bbl, Mallory dual setting digital ignition, digital fuel regulator, all dumping into Hooker Long tubes.

The tranny is a heavy duty C4 from a truck which was rebuilt with taller gears and fitted with a 3800 stall run out to 3.90 gears.

Id love to have another GT especially a Fox. Do u have any pics? Im interested.

Last edited:
Well mines not a gt.... but yah I have pics before, and during. The whole cars in blue now but I dont have pictures of that.

Before on the old pony's.
DA%20COUPE%2013.jpg

reason for her being painted(my ex's neighbor backed into it and crumped the fender, thats it)
DA%20COUPE%20026.jpg

In progress.....lol
DACOUPE037.jpg

primer
DACOUPE040.jpg

the color
491439_29_full.jpg

Yes, it is being painted in my garage. But, the way you see it in the picture there is when I was in the process of taking it all down to redo it, because I sanded/wetsanded the primer in there. I also forgot to mention, the car is getting 3-4 color coats(has one on it now) then 5-6 coats of clear, and the front is getting blue berry and smoke ghost flames. Also, you can't even get an idea of how beautiful the color is going on it. I sat down with the shop owner of the place i got the paint and spent about 12 hours looking at colors for 2 days, and it took me about 2 months to finaly decide on the color. It started as a midnight blue, but about a 1/4 of the paint is pearl lol, it was not cheap paint.

edit- I forgot to mention, I went through and put in new door hinge pins and bushings, along with latch bushings. All the emblems except for the ford emblem on the front bumper have been shaved. I think thats it for now, LOL

Last edited:
Well i definitely like the pony's better than the other rims. So what do u think you would consider a decent swap? Im going to be putting new exhaust as well as a Diablo chip and a few other add ons including replacing the 5% with a 10% and probably a set of headers along with a 3/4 raised top. If i can find a 94/95 blower then ill toss that on and let the 89 S/C go with it. Also, if I add a 3/4 raised blower top then ill need hood space so Im shopping for hoods now.

Just let me know what you think.

Well I also happen to be sitting on a 13"cobra brake setup with 12" rear brakes, and 5 lug cobra r's lol. Along with a set of ponys.I got the centerlines for cheap, and they served my purpose better than heavy ponys, I wanted draglites, but would you pass up 4 wheels and tires for $75?

I need to sit and think and add up some receipts before I can say what would make it even Because theres things I forgot to mention lol, like I have the comeplte original red interior in good shape along with a bunch of spare grey parts and other misc stuff.

What do you think would make it an even swap?

Well if i ahd to guess about my car Id say i would as around 3k for it if i sold it simply because the entire drivetrain has been rebuild at some point in the last 3 years as well as the suspension right down to the air ride acctuators and urethane bushings. i was more or less restoring the car back to showroom with a few bolt ons like exhaust and pulleys. im down to little things like replacing the headliner and fixing the window tracks and motors. In my opinion the car is damn quick from the factory.

What would you figure your car is worth?

I'm sorry but the more i've though about it, the less I'm liking the idea of trading off my 'stang. I've just done so much to it now its ME, its not realy just a car anymore. So I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pass.

But on a brighter note, I may know of someone with another notch(90) that would trade, hes been wanting an sc for awhile now.

Sorry again:( good luck mang

looking to sell

dont know if any one is instested but i have a 88 notch for sale it has a 4cyl 5speed in it right now and it run. it also comes with a 72 302 that i striped to rebulid the car is in good condition it has 2 little rust spots 1 under each mirror so if you know any one or if your insterted e-mail me at mopaditis1@yahoo.com

Whenever you get a Mustang and if you ned a set of pony wheels, I also own a 01' Lightning and I'm part of the Tidewater Lightning Owner's Club. There is a member of ours selling a set of ponies now. here is link http://www.tidewaterlightning.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38 Also I think I've talked to you before because you said you seen my S/C(pic in sig) on Langley. Well my wife wrecked it couple weeks ago. The insurance company totaled it. I have a buddy that works at Bowditch ford and I'm gonna go pick him this weekend and have him take a look at the damage and see if it's worth me trying to fix it back up and repaint it again. He is the guy that did my body work and painted it white pearl last year. But anyway if he says he thinks it isn't worth it, I might be getting rid of a cobra r hood, springs, 3.73 rear end and so on. I think the maker or breaker to the damage is the front bumper is in a little on the driver's side and I think the front bumpers are welded on these cars and are a pain to cut off and weld new one on. So basically I'm going to see what he says. Also I have a 90 S/C parts car missing the same parts I need :( So if says no I will have a ton of parts for sale betwen 2 cars.

Back