THe Saga of Supercharger oil

Phillio99

Well this has been quite the weekend. I am a high school student and on wedsenday I didn't have school. I have my SC at school right now in the auto room so I can replace the s/c. I managed to convince the janitor to let me and I set to work bolting up my new s/c. No more than 2 mins away from getting the whole thing running, a teacher walks through the auto from, (which I closed off and turned off all the lights) and asks me what I am doing. I explain i was lookin for my keys, and she says she needs to go to the office to get someone. I pick up all my tools and I am out of there. Who knows what kind of trouble Ill be in on monday. We shall see.
It doesn't end there. I decide Ill take my old s/c apart to get some practice porting it. The guy I bought the s/c from says he drained the oil and I have nothing to worry about so I unbolt the thing and splash I have oil all over the place on my workbench. To anyone that doubts supercharger oil is the worst smelling stuff listen up, my brother comes running down the stairs asking where the plastic fire is it smelled soooo bad. THe smell has spread through the house. Its going to be a long week, and all of it is because i bought that stupid Thunderbird. Why didn't I just buy a Taurus.
Phil

You didn't buy a Taurus because they are boring and have worse resale than a SC. Besides, which one looks better and has more potential?

Go out and get yourself some friction modifire and then we can talk about bad smell. If you have a ex friend you might drop a few drops in his car. will smell for years :D :D :D :D

I dont realy think a SHO Sucks, it runs faster 1/4 then a SC (both stock)
But if this dude is just talking about a regular taurus, bash away .

An older model SHO 5spd (the fastest ones) will run just as fast as stock 5spd sc, but i dont think would be faster than the sc. Ive ran a 15.2 in my stock 91 5spd and have seen some 94-95 sc's run 14.9-15.0 stock, I dont think that stock SHO's run that fast.

yea the SHO might be quick, and keep up wiht or in some cases beat a stock sc, but if you step back for just a moment, you realize that its still a taurus... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

thats a funny story. good luck monday, just pretend shes crazy and you have no clue what shes talking about. By the way the worst smell is coyote urine, somebody gave it to my friends dad as a birthday joke, it was some stuff to ward off bears or something. i took a small whiff and i was on the ground gagging and i felt a tingle go to my toes. never again. but ya, good luck with that on monday, let us know how it goes :D

if you want a bad smell, try driving by a dead skunk on the road. :D funny bout the taurus though. anyone have any specs on them? im pretty sure they weigh at least a few hundred pounds less than an sc. sho's are kinda like srt-4's. those stupid fast, but at the end of the day, its still a neon.

Replace with BP Turbo Oil 2380

BP 2380 Turbo Oil

BP Turbo Oil 2380 is a 5 cSt synthetic lubricant that is approved against US military specification MIL-PRF-23699F-STD, and UK specification DEF STAN 91-101/2 (replaced DERD 2499). This lubricant provides a balanced combination of thermal and oxidation stability, load carrying capacity, lower volatility and has the best low temperature flow characteristics of all 5 cSt turbine oils.

Applications

BP Turbo Oil 2380 is recommended for the lubrication of most aircraft gas turbines and accessories. It is also recommended for the lubrication of aero-derived gas turbines in industrial power generation, offshore and marine applications. BPTO 2380 has been approved by a wide range of engine and accessory manufacturers for their applicable equipment, including: Rolls Royce Ltd, Allison, GE, Pratt & Whitney, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Honeywell, Hamilton Sundstrand, CFMI, IAE, MTU, Solar and Turbomeca.

Downloads

* Product data sheet: http://www.airbp.com/airbp/public/lubes/data_files/bp turbo oil 2380_datasheetv4.doc

* MSDS:
http://www.msdsonline.com.au/bpaust...B=BPAUST&USERID=ACOHS_DEFAULT&PASSWD=SYSTEMCO

* Product brochure:
http://www.airbp.com/airbp/public/lubes/data_files/2380 - sept 2002 .pdf

68COUGAR

Last edited:

Suspension has been threatened, but so far haven't gotten in too much trouble. So far so good. Keep the good karma flowin boys and girls.
Phil

Back