plugs and wires

93blownsc said:
How the heck do u get to the right side plugs? the lefts are ok but the rights are challenging.

I got mine by cramming my arm down into the area where the first 2 plugs are at. The last one you can get from underneith. If I remeber correctly you might be able to get two of the right sidfe plugs from undernieth the car.

Did most of mine from underneath while sitting in the wheel well. Took me about four hours but it was my first time. I should do better next time.

For the front one, I took the AC compressor off and moved it forward. It was held on with four bolts and I didn't disconnect the AC lines. After you remove the cap on the shock sensor, move the fuel lines out of your way and you can cram your hand inside those lines for the back two. It was difficult, but it can be done.

leeklimala said:
Did most of mine from underneath while sitting in the wheel well. Took me about four hours but it was my first time. I should do better next time.
Next time you do it, it'll take you about 45 minutes for the set of 6. Also its a bit easier to take the wheel off on whichever side you're working on and get completely under the car. Of course, never work under your car w/o fully supporting it with jackstands. :)

Last edited:
I found that it was much easier to use a spark plug socket and an open end wrench (on the hex portion of socket) to break them loose and tighten. And then use your fingers and the socket for removing and installing the plugs.

It's also a good idea to put a little anti-seize on the threads of the plugs.

David

Back