PDA

View Full Version : wipers not working properly

Thunder8289
11-29-2004, 04:07 PM
my wipers stop when I turn them off but they stop in the middle of the winshield.
Is their some sort of control unit that needs to be replaced?
Where would it be located?
Would a 90 fit on a 93?
Thanks

NorthrnSCownr
11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
I think that would be part of the multi function switch. It is the unit that has the "handle" that controls the wipers/blinkers etc. You pop off the steering colum cover and unplug the unit, then plug the new one in. I paid around $50 for mine at Auto Zone.
Tom

J.D.
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
When in Interval Mode, do the wipers stop in the middle of the windshield between wipes or only when you turn the switch off? I'm trying to find out if your problem is with the park position switch (in the wiper motor) or with the interval governor module.

Thunder8289
11-30-2004, 10:49 AM
JD
Interval mode does not work at all. it's the same in Interval mode as being in low mode. They are constantly on in all modes but when I turn the wipers off they stop immediately and I have to turn them off and on a few times to get them to stop in the exactly where I want them.

bossoc
12-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Have you looked at the actual wiper motor my 89SC did that and it turns out that the motor is attached with some rubberized glue to a base. It's weird to explain it but the motor moves to a different position every time sometimes you will get the wipers to stop at the right location.

J.D.
12-04-2004, 11:06 PM
JD
Interval mode does not work at all. it's the same in Interval mode as being in low mode. They are constantly on in all modes but when I turn the wipers off they stop immediately and I have to turn them off and on a few times to get them to stop in the exactly where I want them.
If interval mode is behaving the same as low mode, I would suspect the park switch in the motor. However, since the interval governor module is much easier to replace than the wiper motor, I would start with it.

Thunder8289
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
If interval mode is behaving the same as low mode, I would suspect the park switch in the motor. However, since the interval governor module is much easier to replace than the wiper motor, I would start with it.

bigger problems
blown headgasket. 2 huge plumes of white smoke are now coming from the exaust. new engine this spring.
Thanks for all the help