plan for the winter what do you think???

aplvlydrtybird

ok, ive had the sc for 3 years now, and i think its about time she received a paint job....shes got a few dents, the paint is iffy and shes just an old car, my friend can paint it and him and i can do the body work in my garage, so all ir eally need is parts.

The plan is to shave the door handles, take off the door moldings and cover up the bumper lamps, and shave the trunk lid completely. the paint i want is a midnight blue with silver flakes in it with maybe a pearl in the clear.

anyone ever done anything similar to this.

comments or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks guys

Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you. I've been way busy. I'd still like to check out that clutch.

Sounds like a good plan. If you check the black car picture thread I believe there is one there that sound similar to what you are thinking. I think he used a black base with blue pearl intermediate. It'll end up dark at night but with some interesting effects in sunlight and moonlight.

I like the shaved door handles idea and was thinking of doing the same this winter. Door poppers should be easy to tie into the keyless entry. Personally I'd leave the side lights in the bumper. I really miss those on my 93 that doesn't have them. It's so nice to have the side illuminated when turning onto a dark city street.

What would be cool is to do some better integration of the lights into the bumper. I'm not too sure how easy that kind of work is on the urethane bumper material. But something cool could be done. Maybe replace the lights with something slimmer in the form of white LED's?

yea if u still got my number give me a call. i dont use teh corner signal lights really anyways and i like the cleaner look to it. for the shaved door handles i gotta find some remotes with the system too, so if anyone knows of some good sites, or cheap places to go, im assuming ebay has some good buys but i havent started the project yet tho, she will be going to sleep inthe next week or so. not sure about the led idead just not sure where they would go, i like the stock look for right now, but who knows.

Back